Part 30: The Call

Start from the beginning

He wouldn't share you a glance. He did everything he could to avoid any sort of contact with you, and it was making your blood boil. Even if you were trying to get over him you still loved him more than ever and to see him be such a coldhearted bitch made you so incredibly mad you never thought it was possible.

And while you were struggling with the my math teacher is my ex-boyfriend dilemma, Matty was living on the light pink cloud of pure love.

Since the night at The Vibe, he had been spending much more time on his phone rather than the real world. You had never expected Matty to be the person who thought his phone was much more interesting than human conversations face to face. You were always in that role, but with Matty somehow managing to actually start dating the brunette from the club, he hadn't been talking about anything ever since.

Of course you were happy for him, you really were. But it was difficult to be glad on his behalf when you were struggling with heartbreak yourself. He made sure to both focus on you and Zoey, using all his time on you in school to talk about stuff, distract you from Luke and make you happy while he used all his spare time on her. It was a win win situation for him considering she was just a year older. Even if he had expected her to be older since she came into the blub of 21+, she had snuck in just like you had.

"Y/N maybe you should cut down on the vodka...? Your eyes are barely white at this point." Zoey suggested carefully, worry filling her eyes.

"Oh don't even start on that you'll only trigger her." Matty warned and looked down at her, trying to save her from one of your drunken outburst. You nodded your head agreeing to Matty's words and sipped back on the bottle, your tongue taking in the non-flavored liquid.

"I know but drinking her brain out won't do any wonder, I mean I know it's a great distraction from Luke and the two of us aren't really helping..." Zoey whispered and looked over at you sympathetically. Your eyes were focused on the bon fire in front of you, forgetting about the whole situation and the people around you.

Going out was something you rarely did now. You rejected all the invitations you received, everything from small birthdays to walks at the beach and parties at the high school. This was actually your first time out after weeks and to be social between people again was a new thing for you.

And to survive that, you were accompanied with a bottle of cheap vodka.

Matty was the one convincing you but it wasn't easy. He had showed up at your house with Zoey, using all his strength to pull you out of bed and force you to dress up. You knew he was right, you knew that you needed this but the invitation of a bonfire party in the woods didn't sound that appealing to you.

Especially because it was down by the lake. The exact same lake that you went for a walk with Luke at the math camp months ago.

"Is Luke still ignoring her?" She whispered and tucked her fingers in Matty's curly locks.

"It becomes worse every single day." He whispered back and moved his head into her touch, smiling sadly at you and took a sip of his own red cup.

With Matty and Zoey becoming closer as a couple, it was difficult to keep in the secrets. It was never Matty's intension to spoil anything but when he spoiled that you were suffering through a heartbreak with a boy named Luke he had to tell some parts of the story. He told that there was a year gap between the two of you that seemed to ruin everything and you were the one deciding that you shouldn't be together any longer even though that wasn't how you felt actually. No mentions of him being a teacher, no mentions of him working at the school and it seemed to work perfectly in that term of lie.

"I can hear you." You mumbled without removing your gaze from the flames. Matty's cheeks blushed by your words and he placed a hand on top of your shoulder.