5- Well, well, well.

Start from the beginning

I could never forgive him for doing such a thing to the girl that was my whole world. 

I managed to push Luke with the help of my anger. How dare he hurt her! How dare he do this to the one I cherished and kept safe for so long!

As Sid finally became free from his arms, I caught her just before she lost all her resolve and fainted. 

'Cassidy, my dearest Cassie. You're fine now. He hurt you again, but I'm here now. It's fine.. Everything's fine..' I murmured silently against her delicate ears. My right hand slowly caressed her cheek as I used my left arm to support her. I wiped her tearstains. Such a beautiful face to be marred by traces of gloom. What a waste. 

I was amused that I even got this far in the dream. 

'Ca... Ca..leb..?' She woke up and trained her eyes on me. 'Caleb? What are you doing here? Have you come to save me at last?' The expression in her eyes was hollow. 

'Yes of course. I am here. I will never leave you. I'll be by your side always, I'll be wherever you want me to be.' 

Just as I was about to plant a kiss on her forehead, everything went blurry. 

Then suddenly, I wasn't in the garden anymore. I was in a cold, dark, filthy place. I was in a confined space, a wet place. I couldn't move my limbs that much, the place was really tiny.

The place even reeked of human waste and lots of rotting stuff that I can't say in here. 

I tried to squint all around me, but it was too dark. 

Then I heard men shouting from a distance. I strained to hear what they were saying, what the commotion was all about.

'He went that way!'

'No I saw him escape through the north sewers!'

Then strangely, I heard some voice, clearly one with such authority, boom from where the shouts came from.

'You good-for-nothing imbeciles! I want you to catch that foul-mouthed son of a bitch! I want him alive so I can skin him to death myself!' 

'Yes SIr. We'll carry on then!'

Then next came the sound of the hooves, probably of horses on pavement. They sounded like they were nearing the spot I was in. 

Then I saw a small source of light come from where the sounds were coming from. Maybe there's a way out there...

I tried to crawl towards the light, and true enough, there was a hole big enough to let me through, probably.

I squeezed my body in, not giving notice to the scratches on the arms I got from trying to push through.

Then finally, I was breathing clean air, I was stepping on dry ground.

Adjusting my eyes to the new surroundings, shock dawned on me when I saw myself in the middle of a group of soldiers, pointing all their javelins right at my head and body. 

What was I, a freak show? Those sharp-thingies could hurt, you know.

'Hey big fellas. Take it easy! What did i do wrong? Put those down. Maybe we can talk about this? I'm sure that there's just been a bit of a misunderstanding.' I shrugged and tried to touch and put down one of the ends of the things pointed at me.

Which earned me a shout from that booming voice again.

'What? You think you can save your ass from this? My men are the best centuries in the Legion. Don't go mocking me, puny boy by cheating your way out. You think you can fool the best Centurion there is in all of Rome? Hah. Bet on your life! Oh, right. You're going to die tonight!'

So HE was the leader. That explains things. 

Then as I was struggling to think of ideas to escape their spears and save my life, a familiar voice cried.

'Father! Let Carlos go! Please I beg of you! He was just trying to save me! Believe in my words, they are the truth!'

A fair maiden of Rome..no. It was Sid. It was my Cassidy. 

'Cassidy! What in the world is happening??' I shouted.

She looked at me like I was nuts.

'Whatever has happened to you Carlos? Have you hit your head on a rock?'

'Cassidy, please. You have to help me. I don't know why I'm here!'

I was feeling desperate already.

'Cassius.' she answered.

'Huh?' I was confused.

'Who is this Cassidy you are speaking of? I am Cassius, daughter to the Primus Pilus, the senior centurion of the Legion. You are Carlos Antoinus.'

___________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

*.* Hooooo. I'm back with this fifth chapter. I got fired up and had some dream last morning and decided to incorporate it here. 

What do you think? What just happened?

Was the dream really just a dream?... :)

Leave your insights, comment and vote. :D

________________________

AGAIN.

-> the VOTE button is just one click away on the left-hand of this box.

-> the COMMENT box is just beneath this, it's fine with me if you just leave comments like:

nice plot

nice style

it was nice/great/good/awesome/amazing or any word that shows appreciation

(I don't need long comments, just as long as I see that you enjoyed it. I'm happy with that.)

-> the ADD TO READING LIST button is also, at the top-right portion of the page, just above the book cover. so please, if you liked this book, keep it in your library. :D 

-> and lastly, you can BECOME A FAN of me by clicking on my name just beside the book cover on the right side of your screen.

D O N ' T  F O R G E T  A L R I G H T ? ? ? :)))))))))))))))

©2011 Amie Ambers