Chapter 7

Aiyana

I could feel Alaster slip away when I spoke the one word. Brother!
I don't know how I knew this but it was something inside of me knew that he was my brother and indicating that he's my age, he's my twin. I have a twin brother? How?
"Do I know you from somewhere? You seem familiar?" I asked the guy. He simply smiled and nodded.
"Of course you do. I'm your twin brother Aiyana." His voice was smooth and sweet like honey. Could I be falling for my own brother? Weird!!
"I have a twin brother? Why didn't my grandparents tell me?" I mumbled to myself as I tried to run many thoughts through my brain. I came up empty. "Why did I know about you sooner? I always thought I felt alone, even though I have my family, mates, friends and heritages."
"Mother and Father didn't want me to be known. I'm supposed to be your protector. I was born by your side and I will stay by it, now that I know your safe."
"I wished that they would have at least left you with me. I didn't know what to do. Do you know what I went through?" My voice strained as I held back my tears. A heavy lump formed in my throat. "I've been alone. Fighting for my life and my only brother has been smoozing and enjoying the high life? I didn't even have a shifter pack like you. I was the Omega. What are you?"
"The Beta." He smiled guiltily. That was the straw that broke my wall. Tears escaped my eyes.
"I'm glad that you have enjoyed your life with Mom and Dad." I hissed. I quickly had my pen draw out his page. I only needed his name. "What's your name since you know mine?"
"Zander Delma." He said.
The pen signed off his name. Ignoring him, I flipped through the pages. It seems that only two people had mates in here. The Alpha, Chris and the omega Sally. Sally happened to be my brother, Sai's mate. Since she was the omega and my sister-in-law I told her to gather her belongings because she's coming with me. Chris came up to me with a smile on his face.
"Your mate happens to reside in the Night Walker pack. Her name is Serena. Take good care of her." I said as I showed Chris his mate. He smiled happily and nodded. He thanked me. I told the rest of the pack members that I will send news if I have found their mate. They understood since I only have four packs in here. That only covered two from the U.S. and two from Ireland. I shut the book and stood up. Zander looked hurt, well he should. First I have to deal with arranged marriage, now this brother crap. For all I know my parents were alive and well. Figures they would throw me somewhere and don't have a care in the world. I guess I was too much baggage to carry. "Now that everyone has been listed, I'll let you proceed with the meeting." I stated as I bowed to the pack, then turned on my heels.
Sally sat down beside me in the carriage while I waited. Kawaii and Sen were outside guarding the carriage until Ryu's return.
"So Aiyana?" Sally's soft voice spoke barely above a whisper.
"Yes Sally?" I turned my attention on the small brunette. Her hazel eyes shifting from her hands to my eyes and back again. "What is it?"
"So what is Sai like?"
"An annoying, stubborn big brother. But all in all, he's a charmer, lovable, funny, protective, cunning, passionate. The list could go on forever. I do know that you're in better hands. I promise. Since I found you and Sarah, I'll probably scrounge up some money and get both of you a ticket to Alaska. Got to unite the lovely couples, don't we?"
"But I couldn't ask that of you. You already done so much with finding me a mate."
"I don't mind as long as you keep my location a secret. A bad man is out to get me and I don't want any love ones to get hurt. Just mention a friend sent you there, okay?"
"No problem. Your location is a secret. I can at least give you that for everything."
"Thank you Sally."
"You're welcome Aiyana." She shyly smiled at me. That was actually the first time I actually seen this girl smile.
As the meeting drew out, more omegas piled into the carriage. Ryu was alright with them so I had no problem taking them with me. He knew I would send them off to their new homes as soon as I found them their mates. One thing is for sure, is that I'll make sure every mate is happy with their significant other. If it turns out badly, like an abusive mate or something like that I'll pull the one being hurt away from it and the abuser loses their mate. I was thinking in cases like that or death, I could have a monthly event for all the rejected, abused or single to come together and see if their is a second chance mate for them. I knew I couldn't make everyone happy but I sure damn will try.
After an hour passed, Ryu and Brutus decided to appear. Kawaii stayed with me and the omega as we traveled down the roads in the carriage. I stared out the window, watching the scenery go by. When I saw the hill that I saw Grim for the first time was coming up. I kindly told the driver to stop and I got off. Kawaii knew I needed to be alone so he said that he would stay with the omegas and keep them safe. I waved goodbye as the driver rode off. Ryu, Brutus and Sen stared at me for a moment before following after the carriage. Slowly I climbed the hill and sat on top of it. It seems that I dump all my problems onto other people but I can't help it, I just need it off my chest. I knew Grim wouldn't be around for a while so I texted Cleo.
Can you and Sage call me? I texted and waited for the familiar chime that came moments later.
Give us a sec. Brt. She texted back. Brt? I thought about it and I figured it might mean be right there. I hummed a little tune as I waited for there call. Suddenly my phone rang. I answered it immediately.
"Hey guys." I whispered.
"Hey." They responded.
"You okay Hun? You don't sound so happy." Sage asked.
"Well, a lot happened today."
"What happened?" Cleo's voice became worried.
"I thought you might have heard from Alaster by now. But I can give you the update."
"You told Alaster before us." Cleo spat offended.
"Of course I didn't. Did you forget that our souls are connected? It so happens we can invade each other's mind and see what we want to."
"My bad." Cleo said guiltily.
"So what's up?" Sage asked, getting right
to the point.
"You know how the Dragon King is my mate?"
"Yeah." They said hesitantly.
"Well, it seems that he has an arranged marriage. What good am I for when he's betrothed to another? He says he doesn't want to hurt his parents feelings but he's hurting mine in the process. He explained to me that his parents don't believe in mate bonds and yet they are mates."
"That last at part didn't make any sense." Sage stated.
"Why I otta! I'm going to tan his scaly hide. How dare he not stand up to his asshole of parents for you? You're like his mate! And what I remember dragons only get one chance mates. No do overs." Cleo growled.
"I know to both. But that's only one of my problems."
"What's the others?" They said confused.
"Well it's an other. I found out that I have a twin brother. He's been living here in the Ash Fire pack all along. He said that he's my protector and our parents hid him because of it. So mean while I was beaten, ripped apart by Josie and her gang for being an omega while he's living the life of a Beta. I mean come on. I don't even know if my parents are alive. If they are, I came to a conclusion that they dumped me off somewhere to get rid of access baggage. I don't know what to do any more guys." I whimpered.
"I don't know what to do or say Aiyana. But I do know if I were in your shoes, I would go back to your brother and ask some questions so you could get to the bottom of this." Sage suggested.
"I guess that couldn't hurt." I sniffed as the tears escaped my eyes. All I seemed to be doing recently is cry. But I heard the ones who cry are the strongest then the one who keep it inside. "But I'll fill you guys in once I get information. I'll go and see him now." I lied. I knew Grim should be arriving soon and I needed to talk to him.
"Okay. Good luck Aiyana. Love ya sis." Sage and Cleo said with a smile in their voice.
"I will try and love you too guys." I paused. "Bye guys."
"Bye." Then a dial tone rung in my ear. I slammed the phone shut and stuffed into my pocket. Pulling my legs to my chest, I buried my face into my legs and cried. I felt pressure melt away with each tear but some more would build back up when I took deep breaths.
"Aiyana?!" Grim's voice hovered over me. I looked up to find Grim standing over me. I sniffed, wiped away my tears and sadly smiled at him.
"Grim." I whimpered as I got to my feet and gave him a hug. He used his free arm to gently rub my back. I could feel his body tense under mine, he clearly didn't know how to approach this. His red eyes flickered as he tried to figure his emotions out. It kind of reminded me of a light flickering when it has a short in the circuit. I took a couple of deep breaths, buried my sadness down a bit and backed away from Grim. "I'm sorry. I'm just getting hit with too much too fast."
"I heard. I didn't mean to eavesdrop." Grim admitted.
"No it's fine. Saves me sometime on explaining. I don't know what to do Grim. I thought mates have each other because the gods and goddesses made them for each other. I'm kind of thinking that the mate thing is a joke with Ryu. Might as well do the rejection ceremony. That way I cry, get depressed and then build myself back up." I sniffed. "I'm sorry. I'm on a ranting spree."
"I may not know much about a mate bind but I do know what love is. I fell in love once but with my appearance I scared her away." His face dropped as he explained.
"You don't have to bring up bad memories." I tried to comfort him.
"It wasn't all bad. I had some good memories of when we used to talk, of course I was out of sight, and what conversations we had. I also gain something in the end. I knew how to love, though it was one sided. I didn't get the girl but I got experience from it. I can only hope to get another chance." Grim smiled at me. I placed my hand on top of his arm and smiled back.
"I hope so too Grim. Though you look a little scary on the outside, you're a softie and kind hearted on the inside. I was always taught not to judge a book by its cover."
"That guy's head fucking missing, still walking and you're laughing at me is what you said if I recall. You were a bit scared of me at first." He chuckled.
"No offense I was beyond scared. I've never seen a mystic like you. I grew up with common wolves. I'm still getting used to all these different species. But I give you credit, your awesome and scary. You must really scare the humans."
"That's my specialty." He grinned evilly. I laughed.
"Thank you Grim. That helped me with that one problem but I have my new found brother problem still left."
"How's about we take a ride? I have something to show you." Grim smiled.
"Okay." I grinned as he whistled for his pooka. His black horse appeared before us and Grim gracefully jumped onto its back. I had a hard time trying to get onto the saddle. I either over jumped and fell face first into the dirt or not making it onto the stirrup. Grim chuckled as he gently grabbed me by the shirt and lowered me onto the saddle. A blush crept to my cheeks as he stared at me.
"Now hold on tight. He doesn't like to go slow." Grim warned.
I nodded and gripped tightly around his waist. Once Grim knew I was secure, he whipped the reins and the horse took off. If I wasn't holding on, I probably would have been on my ass back there. I felt the wind cast my hair all over the place as we rode. The clean air entered my lungs as I took a deep breath. It felt like flying but this was a little more fun.
We traveled for a while until I felt the horse starting to slow down. As slowly and gently as I could, I peeked over Grim's shoulder. I saw four people playing some volleyball and four horses were grazing in the distance. If I wasn't mistaken, those were the four horsemen of the apocalypse; Conquest, War, Famine and Death. A lump of tension, worry and fear lodged itself in my throat. I slid back into my spot and stayed there until we came to a complete stop. Once to a complete stop, Grim hopped off, gaining the four horsemen's attention. Now that I have a closer look, they looked like normal young adults that had surfers bodies, tanned and little muscle. One had shaggy blonde hair and blue eyes. From what I could see he was a player of women's hearts. If I had to guess, that was Conquest. The next one had spiked red hair and green eyes. He looked like the loud and violent one, so that was War. The next one had cut brown hair and hazel eyes. He was a little thinner than the others but nothing life threatening. I took it that he was Famine. The last one had short black hair with red eyes and with the aura surrounding him made me shiver. The feeling was similar to my grandfathers. So he was Death. Well that's what I guess.
Grim placed his head onto his body and did a quick turn. I heard a snap and then he let go of his head. It was actually staying put. He should have done that ages ago but where's the fun in that. He placed his hands on my waist and helped me down. I mentally thank him and mouthed thank you. If he hadn't done that, I probably would have made an ass out of myself. Once firmly on the ground, Grim took off his helmet and smiled at me. My mouth hung open when I saw how handsome he was. He has curly black hair and blood red eyes. He looked awfully similar to Death and War.
"Mouth closed. You don't want to catch flies, now do you?" He winked at me as he set his helmet and armor aside and let his pooka run over to the other horses.
"Went from scary to handsome in two seconds. New all time record." I mumbled to myself.
"What was that?!" Grim smiled evilly.
"Nothing." I played innocent.
"Yeah, okay." He chuckled. He cracked his neck and rotated his shoulders as he walked over to the four horsemen. I shyly followed behind him and peeked from behind his shoulder, well I tried. He was too damn tall. Grim came to a sudden stop but luckily I was prepared and stopped before I could plow into his back. He fist bumped two of them and pounded his fists up and down with the other two. I peeked around his waist. "What's up my brothers?"
These four are his brothers?! I screamed in my thoughts.
"Nothing bra." The blonde said. "Who's the pretty lass with ya?"
"Her name's Aiyana." He turned towards me and looked down. "Come on don't be shy. They don't bite."
"Hard, you were going to say hard weren't you?" I narrowed my eyes at Grim. He raised his hands up in surrender.
"You said it not me." He snickered. I playfully punched his shoulder as I stepped out from behind him. I could feel the blonde's eyes raking me.
"My eyes are up here bub. Either look at me or at my fist. Which do you prefer?" I wolfishly smiled at him. His eyes immediately shot up.
"Whoa! Watch it Conquest, she's a fiery one." The redhead said.
The blonde, Conquest, rolled his eyes at the guy and waved him off. "You always like the violent ones War."
"Well of course." The redhead smiled and twirled the volleyball on his fingertip like a basketball. "It is my name, isn't it?"
The black haired one walked up to me and held out his hand. "The name's Death and you already met my annoying brothers Conquest and War."
"A pleasure to meet you." I smiled and shook his hand. Conquest and War shouted hey at Death's remark. The brown hair one must be Famine since everyone else kind of introduced themselves. I got everyone right. Famine kept his eyes on my grip onto Death's hand. "You okay Famine?"
His eyes immediately averted from our hands and land on my eyes. He nodded and then went back to staring at our hands. Death looked back and forth between Famine and I, then down to our hands. Death quickly let go of me, his eyes showing his fear.
"What have I done?" Death said.
"I believe it's called a handshake." I stated the obvious.
"No not that. I'm not supposed to touch anyone." He explained.
"Why?"
"I kill them instantly." He stated in a duh tone.
"Yeah about that. How is she not like, dying?" Conquest interjected.
"Oh, I'm sorry." I bowed. "I'm Aiyana, Azrael's granddaughter."
"Another death angel. Wow, they are really getting high in numbers." War nodded his approval.
"Of course they have to be high in numbers. As the population of Mystics and Humans go up, so do they. They have to cover everyone you know." Conquest pinched the bridge of his nose. "You would think to know that War."
"Hey I just cause it. It's Death that has the dead people." War scoffed.
"Did you say Azrael?" Death asked, cutting off his brothers argument. Everyone had eyes on me.
"Yes. I did."
"Wow, my greatest pleasure of meeting you." He shook my hand violently. Not enough to hurt, but enough to send my arm flying up and down fast.
"It's a great pleasure of meeting you too. It's not everyday I get to meet the four horsemen of the apocalypse." I smiled. Their eyes shone when I mention their status. I take it not everyone knew about their existence or not everyone was friendly. I turned to Grim. "I don't mean to be rude but we were going to discuss about my long lost brother."
"That's why I brought you here Aiyana. You wouldn't believe me but I'm their long lost half brother. They found me a hundred years ago." Grim clarified. "I may be a half brother in this case but it's still the same reasoning. They were skeptical about me and I was of them. I always thought that they got the high life while I got nothing in return. After a couple arguments and debates, we got over our differences and actually communicated. I know they got the good life but hey I wouldn't want to be working almost twenty-four seven like them. I'm more of a laid back person. I just like scaring the crap out of people. Nothing more, nothing less."
"You see Aiyana. Grim may be a half brother but he is still family. Sure we had our fights but who doesn't? It's only natural with your family." War twirled the ball on his fingertip again. It was kind of hard to take him seriously when he is doing that.
"But family wouldn't have put me through what I went through. Of course I loved where I lived but I always felt empty without my twin brother. You guys should know since your quadruplets. And my wolf family protected me from harm than my real family ever did, though they didn't know my status."
"Wolf family? Status?" Conquest looked dumbfounded.
"I'm an hybrid. I lived with wolves instead of werewolves. My brother got a shifter pack and the Beta role whereas I got the Omega role." I said sadly. Famine's eyes grew wide as he ran up to me. He kindly held my hands.
"I'm sorry you had to be an Omega." He whispered, though everyone heard. Their faces all grew tense from shock.
"Famine? You spoke?" Conquest blinked.
"What's an Omega?" War asked while scratching his head. He was obviously confused but looking like that reminded me of a monkey.
"An Omega...," Famine's voice grew louder and stronger. "is a class lowest of the low. They are treated like garbage and worse than dirt." He growled at his own explanation. "It's the best I could come up with. You have to experience it to know exactly what I'm talking about. Never tried but I have seen and it ain't pretty."
"Where's the proof?" Death finally spoke.
I sighed and began to move my clothes. I stripped down to my undergarments and neatly handed my clothes to Grim. I faced away from them and moved my hair in front of me. I let go of the spell that was covering my scars, found out long ago that I was using it without my knowledge. I heard gasps from everyone. I knew I had wolf teeth marks sideways on my neck from when Josie grabbed me by the scruff hard. Teeth marks and scratches raked all over my body. It was from many years with Josie as my attacker. My wolf family didn't know about it until a couple days before I left for good. I always seemed to heal before they would notice.
"And that's only the back." I mumbled as I flung my hair behind me and turned towards them. A giant scar went from my left hip to above my right breast. Then multiple scratches and bite marks etched my skin. "This long one happened to me when I was six years old. The Alpha female named Josie, thought I was a threat to her status so she decided to gut me. That was before I could shift. I had to stuff my organs back where I thought they were, use a bone as a needle, vines as thread and mud as a concealer. I'm surprised that I even survived. And this is why I'm angry with my brother! He gets to live happy, healthy and love by our parents. I only had my wolf family and they were more than enough before I was introduced here. They loved me and cherished me when no one else did. Now I'm being hunted and hurt." Tears slipped through my eyes. "I want to forgive my brother because he had no idea but with my life style, it's not so easy to forgive."
I gently held out my hand for my clothes. I yanked my jeans on as my tears spilled to the ground. I was about to tug my shirt down when I saw someone walk out from behind the four horsemen. It was someone I didn't expect. His eyes wide with fright as he examined what was left of my uncovered body but his eyes held firmly on my one scar.
"Aiyana! I'm so, so sorry. I honestly had no idea that you were going through this. I knew you were happy when you mention the wolf family but why did you stay?" He whimpered.
"They at least loved me. They didn't know about this until a couple days before I was forced to leave there. I always healed up faster than normal wolves. I was abused by some pack mates because I WAS different. Though I was different they went through all odds against the pack and loved me all the same. I can't say the same about you or our so called parents." I hissed at Zander. I yanked the rest of my shirt down and reapplied the spell. Immediately I was engulfed into a hug by him. I angrily looked down at him.
"I'm sorry Aiyana. I'm so, so sorry." He hiccuped. He was crying. My eyes widened with shock as realization kicked in. He was crying and for me. "If I'd known you were alive, I would have come and gotten you myself. I would have protected you from harm. I would have sacrificed myself to have known you would live. I'm a horrible brother. I didn't even bother to go to look when our parents told me about you. I knew I had to find you but I didn't even move a muscle. I'm a horrible brother. You don't deserve me and I don't deserve that title. I should have came knowing that you were out there somewhere but where was I going to start. No leads and I was future Beta. I couldn't leave a pack without solid evidence. I put the pack over my own flesh and blood. If you hate me for all eternity, I won't blame you. I just want you to at least know that I love you, though our time was short. I will always love you."
After his speech, I couldn't help but cry myself. As tears spilled down my face, I engulfed my brother in a hug. How could I hate him after that? I would have put pack over family to if I had no solid evidence or leads on their whereabouts. If I had left the pack Betaless and unprotected, I would be a failure in many ways. He couldn't risk lives on some wild goose chase. For that I forgave him, though in my code it told me not to. I was going to give him a second chance and hope that he doesn't screw this one up. A hand gently placed itself on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Grim smiling down at me.
"There was that so hard." He teased.
"Shut up Grim." I sniffed and chuckled into my brother's shoulder.
****
After our crying fiasco, we all sat down on the hillside, watching the horses graze and the horsemen and Grim play volleyball.
"So what are we going to do now?" I mumbled to myself.
"Oh don't worry about that. After telling the Alpha about my predicament, he gladly relieved me of duty. He said he had to help you first since he knew you were going to be Queen."
"Zander! But Beta was your title. Who's going to take over?" I asked worriedly.
"The third in command. The new Beta will choose the new Gamma later." Zander shrugged.
"But they are your family."
"You're my family too."
"You ran away from them?" I growled.
"No. Alpha relieved me so I wouldn't have to make a choice. He knew what he was doing so don't blame Chris." Zander explained.
"Well when you explain it like that, I'm not that angry any more." I huffed.
"You're a unique one, I'll give you that." Zander smiled at me.
After we played some volleyball together with the horsemen, Grim offered us a ride home. I kindly declined and told him that I hadn't gone for a run in a while. As I stripped behind the trees, I neatly folded my clothes and slowly came out.
"Zander." I whispered yelled. "I have a problem."
"What's your problem?" He whispered yelled back.
"I won't be able to carry my clothes back. How big is your wolf?"
"Some what normal. Why?" He peeked around the trees he was hiding behind.
"Because I'm some what big." I guiltily smiled.
"Well I'll be the judge of that." He snickered.
"Alright, I warned you." I set my clothes down neatly. The horsemen's attention and Grim's were on me. Pops and cracks flooded the valley as I shifted into my wolf form. I could feel myself grow until I reached the top of the tree lines. I lowered my head and nudged my half naked brother. Told you! I said sarcastically through my private link with my brother, which I made not long ago.
"Yeah, yeah." I waved me off and finished stripping. I blushed but thankfully for my fur it wasn't visible. He set his clothes down next to mine and shifted as well. I was actually shocked. He was half my size but had the same luscious white fur as me. So much for being some what normal size!
He grew into his protector status like you grew into your queen status. Tiana explained when I suddenly got confused.
Oh. Okay. I thought to myself. Then I thought to my brother. Okay who will carry our clothes then?
I'll teleport them to Ryu's place. They'll be in his garden.
        Okay sounds good.
"Aiyana?! Is that you?" Grim asked as he wiped at his eyes to make sure he wasn't dreaming. I lowered my head down to him and gave him a playful nudge. He laughed and gently held my snout to give it a soft pet.
"I don't remember werewolves ever being that big." War stared at me bewildered.
"I don't recall that either." Famine pondered that thought. I licked them all as a goodbye gesture. I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw their faces when they were covered in drool. Conquest wiped it off of him and threw it aside but smiled, well they basically all did.
"Will we see you again?" Death asked. I barked, making the earth shake underneath us. "I take that as a yes."
I wagged my tail and nudged them all once last time before I ran up to Zander's wolf. While we raced back, I played with my brother by nipping at his heels. Hey I haven't had any twin time.
As all good things, it came to end and a little too quick. We arrived outside of the kingdom. The door opened revealing serval figures. Sen hovered over to me and plopped on top of my head. He wiggled around until he got comfortable. I rolled my eyes, gave my head a quick flick and made him land on my snout. He sat up, smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. Kawaii was starting at my new wolf with awe while Brutus stood by the door. He gave me a sad smile before Ryu walked up to the door. My happiness immediately shattered. I looked away, not even looking in his direction. Zander walked over and gave my snout a comforting lick. Ryu clenched his jaw in anger. Oh yeah he had the right to be angry about brotherly love but I can't when he has another whore.
"Son what is this creature doing here?" I heard a masculine voice come from behind him. I saw a male a little taller than Ryu but had the same features only the eyes were different. The man behind him had hazel eyes.
"Yeah I agree dearest. Why would you allow something this filthy be here?" I heard a feminine voice. I saw a woman that had blonde hair and red eyes. She also happened to hug Ryu's father's arm. I'm guessing that she was his mother. They were both beautiful people.
Wait did she just call me filthy? I growled, making them jump. I could feel Loki starting to make his appearance. Zander saw that my fur was starting to turn black on my back.
"Hun? Who's this?" A beautiful woman with long flowing blonde hair and blue eyes came out from behind Ryu's parents and latched herself on Ryu's arm.
I saw RED!!!

**Okay what you think? Good or shabby? I can't believe all that happened with Aiyana. A new found brother, her other half is getting married, and now the parents and the other woman. It was awesome that Grim actually looked normal. And he was half brothers to the Four Horsemen! Frickin awesome! And who knew Grim was such an advise giver.

Don't forget to:

Comment

Vote

Share

CA**