Chapter 4

Hey! Is this a good time?
I text Sage and Cleo. As I wait for an answer, I leaned back against the cold stone wall in my room. I finally got a break from Ryu and Sen. They have been hugging me all night and it was beginning to drive me crazy. I watched them sleep peacefully on my bed. I don't know what to do with information. I needed guidance from Sage and Cleo. I pulled my legs to my chest and thought about my life. I didn't even know how to do that right. A sudden ring went off on my phone. The screen flashed as I received a message.
Of course!! I received.
Am I able to call you guys? No one is around is there? I texted back.
Another chime. Yes. Right now we are together and alone in your room.
With that I immediately called them up. Three ringing sounds went off in my ear before they finally picked up.
"About time you picked up!" I huffed.
"Sorry about that!" Cleo's voice had a smile. "We didn't know which one should pick it up." She explained.
"I forgive you." I chuckle. "How are you guys doing?"
"Okish. I guess." Sage stated. "Your mates won't let down the search even though Alaster and Azrael said you were fine."
"I figured as much. They can really be a handful." I softly laughed. "How's the wedding plans going?"
"Almost time!" They squealed.
"That's good! Make sure to send me lots of pictures." I sadly smiled.
"Well we were going to take them. But we wanted to hand you them in person." Sage stated. "We still haven't picked out a honeymoon spot."
"You both haven't? Why not?" I got to my feet and went out on the balcony. "This is one of the critical parts."
"We know." They said. "We at least want to see you."
"Honeymoons are for you and your husband. Not a time to waltz about with your friend." I smirked.
"Well we will and we are. At least a couple days during our honeymoon." Cleo huffed.
"Figures." I leaned against my arm as I stared out into the horizon. "So where are you going?"
"Where are you?" They asked.
"Somewhere in Ireland. In Dragon and Fae territory."
"Did you just say dragon?!" Cleo screeched.
"Shh. Be quiet!" Sage hissed as I heard a bonk after Cleo whined an ow.
"Yeah. The King was generous enough to let me stay here." I flipped my hair behind me as the wind threw it in front.
"Well that was nice of him." Cleo smiled.
"Yeah."
"Why do I have a feeling there is a catch?" Sage stated.
"I can't let anything slip by ya huh!" I nervously laughed. "Yeah there's one."
"What is it?" They whispered screamed.
"I'm supposively his mate." I put bluntly as I scratched my cheek like it was nothing new.
"What?!" They screamed loud enough this time that I had to pull the phone away from my ear. Suddenly I heard pounding of footsteps on the other side.
"Great! You woke everyone up you halfwits." I chuckled. "Don't say anything about what I just told you."
"Got it." They whispered as the door swung open.
"Are you hurt?" I heard Alaster ask the girls.
"No. Thought we saw a spider." Cleo laughed.
"She's been gone guys but not that long." Travis stated and by the sounds of it, he placed his arms over his chest.
"We know that!" They screamed, again making me move the phone away from my ear.
"What are you doing in here anyways?" Caelan yawned. "It's eleven o'clock at night."
"We just wanted to." They acted innocent. I simply rolled my eyes at them.
"Alright just don't be up too late. You've got plans tomorrow." Caelan said as he walked out of the room, followed by other footsteps.
"We'll call you later." They whispered into the phone.
"Remember the nine hour difference." I whispered back.
"We will." They smiled. "Bye."
"Bye!" I said before I hung up the phone and stared out at the sun. It was awfully quiet and I like it.
"Who was that?" Sen looked at me from upside down. He was hovering over me again.
"Nobody." I stated without looking at him.
"Awfully friendly and cheery to be a nobody." He smiled.
"I should get a can of raid." I sighed. I had to admit the Dunluce Castle was pretty amazing, well the rebuilt one. To a human it still looks like an abandoned castle but to Mystics it was brand new. When it was first rebuilt, a very powerful dragon placed a spell on it so humans wouldn't see the difference. Every once in a while there is an occasional human walking through. They see it as ruins and the Mystics tend to stay away so they wouldn't reveal anything. "What do you want Sen?"
"Nothing! I just noticed that you were gone and I spotted you on the balcony." He said while sitting crossed legged in the air.
"He's still asleep?" I smirked as I leaned on my hand.
"Kinda sorta." Sen shrugged.
"It's either or." Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, sparks going throughout my entire body. Well I must say that Sen and Ryu are indeed my mates. Finally found out from Tiana. She was holding the bonds back so I wouldn't feel it. "Hi Ryu."
Silence!
"Ryu?!" I spoke again but nothing responded back. I looked over my shoulder to find him, sleeping on my back. A low snore erupted from him and then I started to feel his drool.
"Told ya it was kinda sorta. He's sleep walking." Sen smiled triumphly. I evilly glared at Sen, who shrugged and softly chuckled.
Ooo, he was so going to get it. "Ryu?!" I growled loudly. "Get up you fool."
His snore was cut short as he woke up. He groggily opened his eyes and yawned.
"Morning Aiyana." He whispered as he snuggled into my back, landing in his drool spot. "Did it rain? You're back is wet?"
"Yes I know thanks to you." I grumbled.
"Oops." He chuckled as he wiped the side of his mouth. "My bad."
Rolling my eyes, I headed back inside to my room and rummaged through my bag. I pulled out the things I needed and ran into the adjoining bathroom before they could try anything. Sighing, I slid down the door and rested my aching head against the wooden door. This was beginning to be too much for me. After a few moments of silence, I got to my feet and started to draw my shower.
Under the warm water, I could feel all my stress and fatigue leave my body. I began to relax only to have it taken away from me again.
"Nice body." I heard Sen's voice. I removed my head from the wall and look up to find him hovering over the shower.
"How'd the hell did you get in here?" I growled.
"Fae can go through things when they want to."
"Like a ghost." I laughed. "Great! Now I have Casper."
"What's that on your shoulder? I never really got what it meant."
"Abu Huka, Sacred Unity Awakening. It means that my blood lines will come together and unite."
"Oh!" He paused. "Still don't get it!"
"I'm an ultimate hybrid you dunce." I said angrily as I turned off the shower since I finished some time ago. Sighing, I wrapped the towel around myself and went over to the mirror. I gently grazed my fingers over the reflective glass. A smiled form upon my face. I could remember when I saw one for the first time. It scared the crap out of me. I thought there were more people in the room. When Cleo explained it was us, I thought we were going to be sealed within it. I laugh as I remember those times. At least I was ignorant to the world and to my life. At least I was happy. I'm happy now don't get me wrong but all this unneeded stress I could do without. As I finished drying, I did what I needed to do before I put on deodorant and my clothes.
Since it was getting a little chilly, I decided to put on a light purple tunic with some black jeans and my black converses. Once I was ready with my hair and teeth brushed, I headed for the dinning room. When I entered, I found a freshly washed Ryu reading more papers. Sen hovered behind me also washed.
When did he shower? I thought to myself. Shrugging, I walked over and sat down. "Whatcha reading?"
"Reports. Apparently there have been some nasty rogues killing off the packs and it seems that they teamed up with the dragon outcasts."
"So what are you going to do?"
"While you're doing your pages for your book, I'm going to speak with the Alphas and team up with them. After we decide on what to do, we'll destroy them."
"Deep."
Brutus then came in moments later with breakfast.
****
I rode in a carriage with Ryu and Brutus while Sen sat beside me. Sen was trying to keep Ryu away from me as much as he could and since I had the window seat, it made it easier to do so. I was memorized by the scenery. The land was still lush green even though autumn was right around the corner. Some unicorns ran passed the carriage and went somewhere deep into the forest. I would never get too old for this. This all seemed like a dream. I pressed my nose a little closer to the glass as I saw little people in green clothes sat on rocks by the road. If I remembered correctly, they were called leprechauns. I needed to wait for the next rainbow to find their lot of gold. I wasn't going to steal all of it, just one gold coin but with my luck it would be a chocolate gold coin. That's how they would get ya.
The next mythical creature I saw was the leprechaun's party-loving cousin, the Clurichaun. They had a bottle in a hand while they rode on the backs of the flock of sheep. The sheep kept trying to buck them off, which the shepherd looked at his flock curiously. I giggled as we passed by the shepherd, who gave us a friendly wave. I waved back.
After a few more minutes, I saw some spooky creature up at the top of the hill. It looked like a knight but there was something wrong with this one.
"This knight's head is fucking missing." I screamed and backed away from the window. I hid underneath it but I peeked a bit. The horse was looking at me. Creepy. I heard chuckling and I turned my head to find Ryu laughing at me. "What's your problem? That guy's head fucking missing, still walking and you're laughing at me."
"Aiyana Hun, that's just a dullahan."
"That don't look like a dull hand to me." I took another peek, to find the fucking dullahan by the carriage. I silently scream as I saw the head of this knight underneath his arm, looking straight at me. Goosebumps spread across my flesh as its red eyes seemed to burrow its way into my soul. I wanted to pass out from fear but my body wouldn't allow me to do so.
"Hi Ryu! A pleasant morning is it not." The dullahan's head spoke to Ryu.
It fucking speaks!!! I screeched in my thoughts.
"Yes it is. How's your run doing? Any witnesses yet."
"Besides this beauty!" He looked to me. "Sadly no." He chuckled. I dared to look down at his armor and found a spinal cord whip. I felt all of my color drain from my face as I slid away from the window. I didn't want to know where he got that. The horse neighed, scaring the shit of me and making me jump into Sen's arms. "I'm sorry miss. I didn't mean for my pooka to scare you." The dullahan spoke.
Pooka?! As in the trickster spirit horse?! My mouth felt dry but I got it wet enough for me to speak. "It's alright. Just a little jumpy is all."
"It's okay miss. He's friendly with mythical creatures." The dullahan smiled.
"That's cool." I smiled, feeling a bit better now talking to him. Suddenly a wet white horse ran passed us and jumped into the sea. My heart skipped a bit as I saw it plummeted to the ocean.
"Don't worry miss. That's just a kelpie. A water horse."
Maybe I won't be used to this!

**So a lot of mythical creatures appeared to Aiyana today. I give her credit, if I came face to face with a dullahan I would probably had a heart attack. So it's official Sen and Ryu are her mates too. Can't she catch a break?! And I wonder what Cleo and Sage are going to do?! 😝

Don't forget to:

Comment

Vote

Share

CA**