His Majesty's Personal Maid

Okay well this is a new story I thought up and I wanted to see if it was good enough to continue! 

So please give me feedback on what you think! 

Special thanks to Tulip♥ (@courttssx3)

Vote, Comment, Become a fan!

Hope you enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magic was something that everybody could use and practice. However, ten years ago that all changed when the rebellion towards the royal family and the military occurred. The commoners were fed up with the way the royals were governing and how the military bullied the weak and the poor. One day a rouge magician came into the kingdom and proposed to the commoners to fight back. Hundreds of thousands from both sides died that day and in the end the royals and the military over powered the commoners. The king, outraged about the rebellion, passed one rule that day, that till this day is still in affect and is in forced with violence. 

-They only created one rule and that rule was only those of the royal family or of military status were allowed to practice magic.-

Later on the rebellion was now known as "The Royal Rebellion". That brings me to the here and now. My name is Maria Rosario and I work as a maid in the Royal Kingdom. Of course considering I'm not royalty or of military status, I'm not allowed to practice my magical abilities. But I don't agree with that rule that was passed, so in secret I still practice every chance I get. 

I was waiting to get my instructions from the head maid. As I waited, I decided to play with fire as I lit and unlit a nearby candle that was the center piece of the black marble kitchen table. The sweet sensation I got when the fire was being made was indescribable. It was like you were floating in midair, the sensation of complete weightlessness. Moments later, the head maid walked in with her usual sour look and I almost fell off the chair hoping she didn't catch me.

"Maria, you'll be in charge of cleaning the prince's room today. He's going to be away until 7pm sharp, so make sure the cleaning is done and you are out of there by then." She said in a monotonic voice.

Replying with my usual response of "yes ma'am, right away" I made my way up to the third floor of the east wing, continuing down the long corridor until I reached his majesty's room. Walking through the enormous doors, I glanced around the room looking at the even bigger mess. The room had an humongous king size bed with night stands on either side. The rest of the room was rather plain with one large glass double doors that lead to a balcony directly in front of the bed and three tables placed side by side filled with stacks of books. Now I know why I'm starting at one when he doesn't return until seven. I sighed and started to pick up all the dirty laundry that was scattered throughout the room.

Once the clothes was all gathered, I proceeded to dust all the flat surfaces in the room after cracking the large window open. I swear it smelled like a dead animal in there! As I was dusting one of the tables, I noticed a brown scroll lying there with 'Forbidden' written on it. Curiosity got the better of me, and I opened it to see a painting of a girl in a garden; it was breathtakingly beautiful. I wonder if his majesty painted it himself..

As I was gawking at the beautiful painting I lost track of time. Putting it back in its place, I started to sweep the floors before mopping them. I thought I was done when I noticed I didn't sweep under the damn bed. I doubted I'd be able to finish in ten minutes if I had to move the bed myself. Since no one was here to catch me breaking the rules, I stood in front of the bed and closed my eyes, focusing on the bed as I uttered the word 'διανέμουν'(A/N this is how it's pronounced meteo̱rízomai). 

The bed slowly lifted off the ground as I started to sweep under it. At that precise moment, the crown prince himself walked into the room. I immediately dropped the bed as he spoke in a tantalizing voice,

"Well, what is a maid such as yourself doing using magic? Especially one that isn't so simple"

I was frozen, I had no idea what to say. So I waited to see if he was going to say anything more and when all he did was raise a brow I told him the first thing that popped up into my head.

"I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about your Majesty." As I said this with a trembling voice I attempted to get past him when he grabbed my hand and closed the door. He smiled and led me towards a chair; motioning me to sit. I sat down and I stared at him waiting to see what he was going to say next. 

"Now, you know I don't think that's true. I swear I saw that bed levitating." You could tell his voice was full of sarcasm. Considering I didn't speak he continued on with a serious voice this time "Well considering you did break the rule, you do know what that means right?"

I felt my mouth go dry and I couldn't think of any words to speak. I couldn't lose this job, I needed to stay here! If I didn't, if I don't do my part of the deal something might happen to him. I mustered out a few words "Please your Majesty, I can't lose this job. I'm begging you!"

I guess my crying caught him off guard as he stared at me. For a few minutes that's all he did. Suddenly there was a tug on the corner of his mouth as he spoke slowly but surely,

"I'll keep it a secret, hell I'll even teach you magic. But with one simple condition." All too eager to make him keep the secret and not fire me, I blurted "I'll do anything!"

He once again spoke in that tantalizing voice of his as he looked at me and said,

"You become my personal maid".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N  διανέμουν means levitate in Greek :)

I hope you guys enjoyed it! 

Please remember to give me some feedback!

Vote, Comment, Become a Fan!