f o r t y - o n e

Maddie's POV-

I don't know how long we've been in the car, but when I'm conscious again I start to see the familiar mountains and streets of my beloved city.

I don't move, mainly because I'm comfortable, but also because I'm too lazy to move at all.

My mom hums to herself as she drives and my dad texts on his phone. I turn on my own phone, scrolling through my apps when my messages app catches my attention with eighty-six unread messages.

Confused and surprised, I start to reply to them. A lot of them are from my friends, but most are of them are from Shawn.

I smile, happy that he was thinking of me. There were twenty-three messages from him in a row. I type back a quick reply and wait for his answer.

-

Shawn's POV-

I tap my foot repeatedly, patiently waiting for Maddie to reply to my texts. Ever since she's left I've been extremely bored.

Tour ends in exactly one month, so it won't be much longer until I get to see her. I intended to surprise her by flying out from Arlington, where our last event was scheduled, and flying to Cali where she is to go on an actual date, which I knew she would appreciate since she probably won't be seeing me for another seven months after that, assuming she would attend the European tour that starts in a April.

I reply to some fans on Twitter for a couple minutes when my phone buzzes.

Mads 😊💜

Hey, sorry I couldn't text back. Just landed in LA.

Me:

That's okay, I figured. How was your flight?

Mads 😊💜

It was good, but it would've been better with you 😕

Me:

I love you

Mads 😊💜

I love you, too.

I half smile, happy that she made it home safe but also upset that she's not here.I place my phone on the table and walk into Cameron's hotel room and find Cameron, Matt, Hayes, Aaron, and Jack G. filming a video. The other guys were downstairs in the lounge. I lay on the other bed, waiting for them to finish their video so I can just chill with them, but instead they start doing slap-cam's with shaving cream. It reminds me of the time Maddie got slapped, which seemed like forever ago, when it was really only a couple months.

I really need to stop thinking about her...

-

Maddie's POV- (again)

I sigh as the car comes to a complete stop.

My parents talk among themselves as we get out of the car. I grab my stuff and walk inside, missing the familiar scent of strawberries and cinnamon candles.

I struggle carrying my suitcases up the stairs to my room, forgetting that I didn't have strong guys around to help me anymore.

I enter my room, missing the familiar Tiffany colored walls. My mom had clearly made an effort to make it homey for me when I got back, because my Christmas lights, that lined the tops of my walls, are plugged in and the air smells of Febreeze. My bed's made neatly, unlike the condition I remember leaving it in, and all of my laundry, that I didn't take with me on tour, is folded and in my closet, instead of the strewn mess I had left on the floor before I left.

I leave my suitcase at the foot of my bed, too exhausted to unpack. I change my clothes into some comfortable shorts and a tank top, throwing my other clothes in the laundry bin.

I lay in my bed and text xmy friends. I check my Twitter and I instantly see my notifications are blowing up. I click on the source and quickly find out why.

@shawnmendes

Originally, I had decided to keep this lowkey, but I trust my fans will be supportive and respectful and I've decided that it'd be best if I was truthful with my fans; @maddiedallas and I are officially dating ❤️

My heart pounds in my chest as I read all the supportive comments and I feel my cheeks heat up. I reply to a couple of them and like Shawn's post before writing my own tweet.

@maddiedallas

Thank you for all the support!! I love you and miss you ❤️ @shawnmendes

I get a post notification about Nash, and I read his tweet.

@maddiedallas @shawnmendes my children are growing up too fast

I laugh and turn my phone off, pulling my spare charger out of my nightstand and plug it in. I connect my phone to it and put it on the nightstand before turning over on my side. I just lay there for a moment, realizing how lucky I am to have such a supportive family and amazing boyfriend.

I smile to myself, closing my eyes before drifting off to sleep.

-

Ughhhh FINALLY

This book is finished and I'm going to finish up the first chapter of my other book I've already started and I'll get that published ASAP because you guys have been rlly patient with me. I haven't posted a new chapter in two weeks!

School is over for me in four days, so I'll have more time to write when I don't have five sports, homework, and exams.

Also, this chapter was really hard to write because I was planning on writing a big, grand ending but I decided against it because that would've meant another 2 weeks before its published, and that's just way too long. Soooo yeah.

So basically, what I'm saying is; expect to see the new sequel within the next week-two weeks (hopefully!) because
I'm busy af. ALSO OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 3k, I wasn't expecting that.

dedication chapter is after this for all of my loyal readers. Ily guys, y'all rock ❤️