t h r e e

Maddie's POV

Okay, so maybe being stressed out was an understatement.

Actually, it sounds quite minuscule to what I was feeling at the moment.

I had completely lost my cool.

I was currently pacing the lobby, probably looking like a lunatic with my phone pressed to my ear, praying that someone would answer their phone, panicked tears running down my cheeks. .

I leave for five minutes and they already had managed to leave me without a trace.

And they didn't even take my stuff. How did they not notice my stuff and that I was missing?

"Hello?" I hear Shawn's voice from the other side of the receiver.

"Shawn? Shawn! I'm still in the airport! I'm alone and I'm so scared Shawn, please..." I cry. I take a deep breath, "please...just come get me so I don't keep getting creepy looks from middle aged men and security guards." I cry, breaking down into my phone.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Oh my god-" he pulls the phone away from his ear to talk to someone on his side of the phone. "Cameron, stop the car! Your little sister is still at the airport! She didn't get in the other car!" he says.

"Shit! How the hell did we manage to forget my little sister in the busiest airport in San Fransisco? I thought I heard her get in the other car!" Cameron says. I can't help but choke back a laugh. The screech of wheels on pavement is heard, and then silence.

"Shawn?" I ask.

"Yeah, we're on our way back. See you in five. I'm so sorry, Mads. I totally forgot-"

"Shh, it's fine Shawn, you're fine. Just please meet me out front in five minutes, or however long it takes you to get here." I say, hanging up the phone. I watch the middle aged man a mere ten feet away, eying me up. I can't help but let out a disgusted scoff. I quickly grab my luggage and speed walk to the entrance of the airport.

I sit on the curb, watching the cars drop their families off.

I watch as a navy blue Sudan pulls up a couple yards away, and man in a military uniform gets out.

He goes to the back of the car, picking up his small daughter in his arms, his shoulders start shake as he silently sobs into her shoulder. His wife gets out of the driver's seat, tears streaming down her face. She hugs her husband and their daughter, gripping onto each other endearingly. My heart aches for their family.

The man hands their child to her, planting a long, passionate kiss on his wife, before kissing his daughter gingerly on the forehead. He gets his bag out of the trunk, giving one last hug to his wife and child, before disappearing into the airport lobby behind me.

The woman stands there, sobbing quietly and rocking her now crying child.

Damn, why is this day so depressing

She inhales deeply, setting her child back into the car seat and getting back in the driver's side. She wipes her tears, taking one last deep breath. She spots me on the curb, smiling at me sincerely, driving away towards the exit.

I exhale and stand as I see Cameron's rental car pull up near me and Jack G's car pull up right behind them.

Shawn gets out of Cameron's passenger seat, running towards me and picking me up.

"Mads, I'm so sorry..."

I let out a stressed cry into his shoulder. When I'm done, I wipe my tears and get down. Shawn's eyes travel down to my shorts.

"So, um, we should probably get back to the hotel." I say. I follow him and get in the back of Cameron's car. He's texting someone, but puts his phone away before I can see who it is.

I lean forward, flicking on the radio to destroy the silence and defeat the risk of Cameron scolding me on getting separated from the group, when it was actually Shawn who left me in the first place.

But I can forgive him.

It doesn't take long until we reach the hotel. The drive was only about ten minutes, of course, because the airport was where all the tourists came in.

We got two hotel rooms with two beds in each. We'd have to pair up, of course, which was only awkward for me, since I was the only girl.

Don't even ask me why I had to come in the first place.

"Okay," Matthew started, clapping his hands to get everyone's attention.

"Everyone pick one of the rooms and a bed. You'll have to pair up, but we'll manage." He clarified.

I picked my bed, closest to the window, of course, and started to unpack and set things up where they belonged.

Shawn started to walk over to my bed, but was immediately stopped by Cameron.

"No, no, no, no, no. Love you Shawn, but you're not allowed to sleep in the same bed as my baby sister." he said. Nash had already started setting up his things on his and Cameron's bed.

"Then where is he supposed to sleep? He can't just sleep on the floor!" I say, standing up next to Cameron.

"Actually, he can. But I'm sure he'd prefer sleeping in a bed. And Nash and I don't take up much space."

"Yeah, well I take up half the space just one of you do, so I don't know why he can't just sleep with me." I say.

"There's no need to fight." Shawn jokes. I grab Shawn and pull him away from Cameron.

"It's decided. Shawn's sleeping in this bed." I say. Cameron purses his lips, glaring between the two of us. He finally nods, turning and jumping onto his and Nash's bed.

"Whatever. But no monkey business. Y'all are too little for that shit." He says.

"Cameron, I'm sixteen, I'm not going to-" I start to say, but he interrupts me.

Why does everyone think it's okay to interrupt me when I'm talking?

"Yeah, yeah, that's what they all say." He says, flicking on the tv.

I roll my eyes, re-folding my clothes and putting them away into the drawers.

When I finish getting unpacked, I kick my suitcase underneath the bed, crawling under the covers next to Shawn.

This is going to be a long tour.

⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲

comment and vote!

(word count: 1075) edited Aug 7th 2017