t w e n t y - t w o

(A/N): I'd just like to thank everyone for the continuous support ❤️ it motivates me to keep writing. You guys are awesome and I'm so thankful I get to wake up to positive comments every time I update. You guys are incredible.

Maddie's POV

I woke up quite early the next day, warm almost to the point I was sweating. Shawn had wrapped us in a blanket burrito, so I had to slide out of the bottom to get out. I had crawled out about halfway, getting stuck, before I felt the bed shaking slightly as Shawn laughs.

"What the hell are you doing, Maddie?" Shawn whispers, peeking under the covers. I start laughing.

"I was trying to get out without waking you." I whisper back. Shawn laughs at me again.

"Get back up here, I'm not ready to get up yet." he says. I do as he says, laying on back next to him. He pulls out his phone, messily tangled in his white Apple earbuds. He puts one in his ear and hands me the other one. I put it in my ear, stealing his phone and scrolling through all one thousand one hundred twenty-eight of his songs and putting his recently played playlist on shuffle. Pillowtalk by Zayn Malik came on and I screeched like a little girl. Shawn laughed at me, putting a finger to my lips and shushing me before I woke Cameron and Nash up.

I sat up, sitting crisscross facing Shawn. I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through my feed, lip-syncing to Pillowtalk, whispering the lyrics just under my breath to myself.

"So we'll piss off the neighbors, in the place that feels the tears, the place to lose your fears..."

I feel Shawn's eyes on me, so I glance at him out of the corner of my eye.

"What are you looking at?" I ask.

"You." he says, smirking. He was laying on his back, his arms behind his head. The blanket had rolled down to his hips, exposing his bare chest. I had to force myself not to stare at him.

I laugh in response to his simple answer.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because you're beautiful." he says. I roll my eyes at him.

"I'm not even wearing makeup, weirdo." I say, grabbing a pillow and playfully hit him with it.

"You don't have to have makeup on to be pretty." he says, a serious look on his face.

"Aww! How cute and wildly cliché." I say, smacking him again with the pillow. Shawn swiftly takes the pillow from me, hitting me with it.

"Ahh! You can't take my weapon and use it on me!" I say. He was now hovering above me, repeatedly striking me with it.

"And why not?" he says, briefly pausing his attack so I could answer.

I smile, brushing my misplaced hair out of my eyes so I could see him.

"Because it's against the rules." I mutter, stealing my pillow back. I hit him with it repeatedly, pushing him back so I was now hovering above him.

"Maddie!" Shawn pleaded, trying to deflect my blows with his hands.

"Will you two hoodlums shut the hell up?" Nash says. He glares at us from the bed, and I can't help but laugh.

I get off of Shawn, both of us breathing hard. We get up, adjusting ourselves again. My hair was a mess and I mentally thanked the lord for making Shawn's body twenty sizes bigger than mine once I realize I was only wearing under garments and his t-shirt.

"I say we go downstairs and get some muffins, because this place makes bomb chocolate chip muffins." Shawn says. I laugh, nodding in agreement. I slip on a pair of jogging shorts, not minding the fact I wasn't wearing makeup and my hair was a mess.

I don't bother to put shoes on, following Shawn down to the kitchen.

He orders three chocolate chip muffins, one for me and two for him, and two bottles of water.

"Sorry, we only have one bottle left in the fridge, unless you want me to go get another case of water from the back..."

"Nah, don't bother, it's cool. We'll share one, thank you." Shawn says to the girl, carrying the plate of muffins and water to the table by the fireplace. I open the water and take a sip.

"I'm really going to miss this place when we leave tomorrow." I say, tearing the bottom half of my muffin off and taking a bite of it.

"Me too–Maddie, what the hell?!" Shawn asks, watching with a horrific look on his face as I eat my muffin. I instantly stop, putting the muffin on the plate.

"Wait, what?" I say, looking around.

"No, that." he says, pointing at the remnants of my muffin on the plate. I furrow my eyebrows.

"It's a muffin?" I say, clearly confused.

"No, it's not the muffin, it's how you eat the muffin." he says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Watch." he says, picking up one of his muffins. Her gingerly removes the wrap, placing it on the plate. He carefully raises the muffin to his mouth, not breaking eye contact with me as he bites into it.

"You shee, dat's how you ee' a muffin." Shawn says through a mouthful, spewing crumbs on the word "muffin."

"Ew, Shawn!" I say, laughing and staring down at the little mess of crumbs on the glass coffee table. He shrugs, taking another bite of his muffin.

I end up giving him my muffin, not really having an appetite anymore. Shawn finishes the two and a half muffins and the bottle of water. I throw away the plastic bottle and Shawn places the plate on the counter for the girl to take. We head back up to our hotel room. I come in laughing at something Shawn says.

"-Cameron, this isn't mine!" Nash screeches, perched on the back of the cushioned chair, throwing something across the room right in front of me. I feel the air brush past me as it wizzes past my nose. I stifle my laughs momentarily to address the boys.

"Omg, Nash! What the hell was that!" I ask.

"You tell me!" Nash says, a horrific look on his face as he points to the object. I kneel on the ground and pick it up, throwing a confused look in Nash's direction.

"A Mickey Mouse thong?" I question, trying to once again stifle my laughter.

"Yeah!" Cameron says, coming out of the comforter he was using for cover. I chuckle.

"Well, it sure ain't mine. I don't wear that size." I say, tossing the panties on Cameron. He shrieks, brushing them off and chucking them at Nash. Nash tries to dodge them, but instead he slips and falls off the back of the chair. I fall on the ground in laughter.

"Maddie, they're yours! Take them back!" Nash says, flicking them towards me.

"Honey, these aren't mine." I coo.

"Mhm, sure." Cameron says, a doubtful look on his face. I groan exasperatedly, trudging over to the dresser where my underwear is. I pull out a random pair of underwear, protruding the tag and walking over to Cameron.

"I'm not the size of an obese hippopotamus." I say. Cameron laughs hysterically.

"SHE'S RIGHT, THE WAIST LINE ON THE SUCKERS ARE HUGE." Cameron's wheezes.

I take the thong from Cameron, dropping it in the trash.

"They're gone." I say, reassuring the boys. Cameron takes deep breaths, trying to calm down. Shawn was still laughing with Nash in the corner.

Ugh, boys.

⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲⌲

Hey guys! Thanks for reading. Vote and comment 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow. I'm going to binge on chocolate cake and horror movies since I'm not getting the giant teddy bear I wish for every year.

enjoy the rest of your day/night! Love you guys! ❤️

(word count: 1319)