t h i r t y

Shawn's POV-

To say I was jealous was an understatement.

In fact, it would be a damn lie.

After a stressful morning of setting up and getting the convention ready, I was really excited to come back and have a movie marathon with my best friend, but that was kind of hard to do when the room was trashed and TJ was here.

I stare over Maddie's shoulder loathingly. TJ smiled back anxiously, feeling intimidated.

"I can explain..." Maddie starts, her voice slightly shaky. I almost want to forget about it, but I can't. Not when they had both dedicated some effort into trashing the room together.

"It better be one damn good excuse as to why you're with him and why you trashed your room." I say, folding my arms.

"You." I say, pointing a finger at him. "Get out. And I swear to God, if I find out you laid a finger on her..." I spit at him angrily. TJ pushes past me, clearly spooked over the whole thing. He knew I wasn't joking, either.

I turn back to Maddie, our gazes meeting.

I open my mouth to scold her, but I close it. Instead I turn and walk out the door, too mad to even speak to her.

I try to calm myself down, convincing myself that I shouldn't be mad. Maddie and I weren't a couple and TJ was just the new guy.

-

Maddie's POV-

I breathe out a sigh, turning toward my bed as Shawn closes the door, harder than necessary.

I zip my unzipped suitcase, running a hand over my hair. I hear a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I yell.

"Hayes."

"Oh, come in." I say. He unlocks the door with the key he got from Cameron and plops down on the other comforter-less bed.

"What's up?" I ask, going back to organizing my suitcase.

"Nothing, I just wanted to know if you'd like to go for a drive around town or something before the convention." He says. I chuckle.

"With who, Hayes? Anyone here who's got a license probably doesn't want to drive to little kids around, and we can't drive yet." I say.

"Actually, one of us can." He says, holding up a driver's license.

"Oh my gosh, when did you get this?!" I exclaim, running over and snatching it from him to see if it's a fraud.

"I'm almost seventeen now, and my parents thought it would be time I got mine, since Nash has had his ever since he was old enough to." He says. I gape at him, not believing what I'm seeing. I tilt the card back and forth and see the shiny font glint from the sun.

If this was a fake license, it was a damn good one, even though I knew he was telling the truth. 

Hayes had actually gotten his license.

"And you didn't tell me?!" I ask, handing him the small card again.

"Actually, I forgot to tell you." he pointed out, giving me an apologetic look.