f o u r

I wake to the sound of my phone buzzing incessantly.

I groan into my pillow, clicking it off.

I frown, opening my eyes, realizing why the mattress is so hard and warm.

I'm currently laying in my clothes from last night against Shawn's warm chest, my head tucked under his chin. Shawn's arm is across my back, protectively trapping me against his chest.

I strategically slide out from underneath his arm without waking him. I breathe a sigh of relief.

I check the alarm clock on the bedside table: 7:48 am. Everyone should be awake in an hour, anyways. I grab a change of clothes and go into the bathroom.

I grab a towel and my shampoo and conditioner, showering really quickly.

I dry myself off, putting my clothes on and blow drying my hair. I make my makeup simple and just apply a light amount of mascara. I apply a little Chapstick, too, because my lips weren't exactly what I would call soft or smooth from the dry summer sun.

When I come out, Nash and Cam are just waking up and stirring about. Shawn is just laying in bed on his phone, probably after just waking up as well.

I take the elevator down to the café and snatch a tray of chocolate chip muffins, Shawn's favorite food. I grab an apple for myself and gulp down a glass of orange juice.

I bring the muffins back, sneaking in as quietly as possible. Shawn was now facing away from me, towards the window, on a phone call.

"Yeah...all right, I'll tell her...Miss you too, mama Dallas...okay...love ya, bye." He says, hanging up the phone. He set his phone down, getting up and coming to where I stood. He grabbed a muffin, stuffing half the thing into his mouth. Crumbs fell from his mouth and onto the tray. I scrunch up my nose in disgust, pushing his hard chest away before he can drop any more crumbs.

"That's so gross!" I scold. He shrugs, turning away and going back to his phone.

"What do you guys want to do today?" Cameron asks out of the blue. I jump, startled. I didn't know he was still awake, I thought he went back to sleep.

"Any amusement parks around?" Shawn asks. I come over and set down the tray of remaining muffins on Shawn and I's bed so that he can have more.

"Yeah," I agree, giving Cameron a curious look.

"Hm... There's one just a couple miles up the road from us. But it's both a waterpark and an amusement park, so pack dry clothes and a swimsuit if you're planning to go." Nash says, sitting up and rubbing his tired eyes. Nash was familiar with the San Francisco area, so he knew this place inside and out.

"I'm down if you're down." Shawn says, glancing at me.

"Let's do it." I reply.

I decided to go and lay on our bed. Shawn flops down next to me.

"Hey, we should tell the others where we're going and see if they want to go too." Shawn proposes. I groan.

"I am not leaving again." I say. I stand up, turning towards the wall behind our bed and knocking on it.

"Apple Jacks, Matthew, Aaron!" I yell through the wall. There's a silence, but someone replies back.