The First Adventure!

After eating Dokaru suddenly decided that it'd be a good idea to explore outside. I agreed to this because I kind of needed the fresh air. I'm still curious to why I was hearing voices in my head all of a sudden. Crazy-chan decided to tag along with us because she "couldn't simply leave us in the wilderness to fend for ourselves." So, here we are now. Walking through some random forest.

"So you were pushed through a swirly portal thingy by yer ma and that's how you ended up here?"

We both nodded. Merry, who Dokaru was carrying didn't answer.
"And something was chasin' ya?"

We nodded again. Merry was becoming upset, her normally happy expression was quickly turning dark and glum. The little pink haired angel looked scared.

"Um.. Maybe we should stop talking about it. So, why are we out in the forest?" I asked.

"Oh! Haha, no problem. Sorry for bringing it up. We need to get a nice little distance away from civilization. Somewhere where there aren't too many people walkin' around ya know?"

"Oh? Why?" Dokaru asked out of curiosity.

"Haha! Well obviously we can't have people seeing kids pass through portals! It'll cause absolute chaos!"

"What?! What portal? Where are we going?" Dokaru asked the brown eyed lunatic.

"We're going to track down your kingdom of course!"

"WHAT?!" We both yelled.
"Shh! Keep it down will ya?! There could be civilians around." Crazy-chan whisper-shouted.

"But..." I trailed off.

"How are we supposed to find it?! Do you even have any clues?"

"Haha..." Crazy-chan scratched the back of her head and laughed nervously. "Nope! But it couldn't hurt to try at the very least. Who knows, maybe this will help you guys feel a little better? Even if we don't find any clues, at least you can say you tried, right?"

"Well..."

"Let's go then!"

Crazy-chan clapped her hands together and when she pulled them apart, a bright portal opened. She then grabbed me and Dokaru's hand. "Ready?"

"Uh-"
"My body is not ready.
"Why is it so bright?"

"I'll take that as a yes!" She jumped through it, dragging us down with her as it closed behind us.

-------------

When I opened my eyes Dokaru was still holding little Merry firmly in her arms. Crazy-chan was standing in front of us with her hands on her hips. I looked around only to see that we were...in some kind of marketplace? This confused me. Crazy-chan turned around as if she understood my confusion and smiled. "Welcome to Atitrik marketplace!"

"Why a market place? Aren't we supposed to be looking for clues?" Dokaru asked for me. She gently put Merry down and held her hand.

"We are! I know what I'm doing, trust meh! We aren't in the dangerous part of this area yet. Even places outside of Earth have civilization you know? What were you expecting? Another forest?!" Crazy-chan giggled and puffed out her cheeks. She looked like a...fish again..?

"Ahem... Take a look at the people here and tell me what do you see."

We stopped staring at the buildings in the marketplace and actually examined the people there. Some of the people had strange markings all over their bodies and faces, there were some that didn't look like they had human skin, some had ominous glows or auras surrounding them, and others...clearly looked inhuman.