chapter 23

"Luke? Can I talk to you?"

I wanted to ask Luke about what happened earlier on stage when he sang "He looks so perfect" instead of you. If I could hear it over the drums I was playing than I am 90 percent sure that the rest of the stadium had heard it but do far none of the other boys had commented on it.

"Um yeah sure, what is it about?"

"Earlier on stage you um you sang HE looks so perfect instead of YOU"

"Um yeah...."

"WHY?"

"I wasn't paying much attention and when I first wrote the song it was HE but I changed it for the band so I kind of just slipped back into the old lyrics... It's not like everyone noticed though..."

"Um ye-.."

"LUCAS ROBERT HEMMINGS, Ashton FLETCHER IRWIN GET YOUR FUCKING BUTTS IN THIS ROOM RIGHT NOW!"

"Oh fuck, were screwed"

"LUKE! WHAT WAS THAT LITTLE 'STUNT' YOU PULLED OUT THERE?"

"Well um... it was an accident! I didn't mean to it just slipped out I wasn't paying attention I'm so sorry"

Luke scrambled for and answers as Mr Cowell loomed over me glaring into my eyes as if sending poison arrows into my soul.

"AN ACCIDENT! THIS COULD RUIN YOUR ENTIRE CAREER! IF THE FANS HEARD THIS THEY WILL THINK YOU AND ASHTON ARE A COUPLE EVEN MORE THAN THEY ALREADY DO!

"BUT WE ARE A COUPLE!!!"

I made the mistake of arguing with Mr Cowell and he soon started to rant at us.

"NO YOU ARE NOT" DO YOU NOT REMEMBER THE CONTRACT YOU SIGNED? YOU MUST NOT BE PUBLICLY OPEN ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP AND IF YOU EVER TELL ANYONE ABOUT YOU AND Luke WITHOUT MY PERMISSION YOU WILL BE SUED, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CONTRACT AND WE WILL SHAME YOU SO MUCH THAT NO OTHER MANAGEMENT COMPANY WILL WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU BECAUSE THE NAME FIVE SECONDS OF SUMMER WILL BE LITERAL DOG SHIT! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

I looked meekly at my shoes and saw Luke do the same out of the corner of my eye.

"WE NEED TO GET BOTH OF YOU BEARDS RIGHT NOW!"

Tears began spilling form my cheeks, Harry and Louis had already told us about how all of their fake relationships was what forced them apart for a year in 2012 when it all became too stressful for them to continue and I really hoped that the same didn't happen to me and Luke.

The boys were left alone in the room when Mr Cowell left but not for long as Calum and Mikey came in to see what the hell all of that was about. They were greeted by a sobbing mess of two boys named Ashton and Luke.

"What was that about?"

When there was no answer Michael went over to Luke hung his arms around his shoulders and embraced him, he felt Luke's tears soak through his t-shirt and saw the same happening to Calum whilst he embraced Ash.

They didn't speak. They didn't need to. It could wait. Mikey knew if he asked again his back would only get wetter and wetter with Luke's salty tears.

They stayed like that until the tears dried up and Michaels and Calum's arms were beginning to lose the strength to continue hugging. When they separated Luke's eyes were puffy and his cheeks were stained with his tears, Ashton didn't look much different to that of his boyfriend.

They went back outside to the bus and Luke snuggled into Ashton's chest on their bunk neither of them speaking as Michael and Calum joined them on the bus, Michael grabbed four cans of coca cola and handed one to each of the boys.

Michael broke the silence by singing Bob Marley Three Little Birds and Luke couldn't help but laugh at the irony of 'every little thing, is gonna be okay'

Michael grinned when he realised he made Luke laugh and began to sing along in a weird voice which caused the other two boys to explode with laughter immediately releasing the tension in the room before Ashton and Luke began to explain what had happened with Mr Cowell.