chapter 17

"WHERE DID YOU GO?"

Luke and Ashton were immediately bombarded with questions as soon as they walked back inside but they ignored both Michael and Calum and walked straight upstairs to their bedroom.

As soon as they got upstairs Ashton sat down on the bed and pulled Luke down on to his lap before embracing him, they sat there like that until Ashton could no longer feel his legs doing nothing other than cuddling. No talking. No kissing. No nothing.

The blood flowed back into Ashton's legs as Luke stood up, went on his hands and knees and reached under the wardrobe and received a piece of paper that Ashton had no idea was even there.

"Luke? What are you doing?"

"I-I wrote something ages ago and I want you to read it"

Luke handed the piece of a5 paper over to Ashton and went into the bathroom.

Ashton unfolded the paper and saw several different quotes written in Luke's writing.

As he read tears began to spill from his cheeks and onto his chest.

YOU HURT ME BUT NOT AS MUCH AS I AM HURTING MYSELF BY STILL LOVING YOU.

KNOWING THE STRAIGHT GUY I LOVE WILL NEVER FEEL THE SAME WAY KILLS ME...

BUT IT HURTS ME EVEN MORE KNOWING THAT I'D STILL DO ANYTHING FOR HIM.

I LOVE YOU BUT WE CAN NEVER BE TOGETHER. IT KILLS ME THAT I FEEL THIS WAY WHEN THERE IS NO FUTURE.

Luke returned from the bathroom the two boys shared and saw Ashton crying.

"Luke why did you show me this?"

"I – I wrote them about you"

"When?"

"The day I first saw you, before we had even spoke and you didn't even know my name but I knew yours"

"Oh"

Luke stopped Ashton's response there by straddling his waist and pressing his lips against the other boys.

Ashton felt Luke's tong pressing against his bottom lip requesting access to his mouth which he allowed.

Luke forced Ashton down onto the bed and they made out with Luke sat on Ashton's stomach until they fell asleep cuddled up under the covers.

They woke up the next morning when Mikey and Calum came in to check on them.

Luke was shirtless like he always was when sleeping but he didn't care if they saw his scars anymore so when he and Ashton were awoke by the sound of the door opening he simply sat up, revealing his toned abs, and moved to lean on the wall so they could actually have a normal conversation with Michael and Calum but as soon as Ashton was leaning on the wall next to him he pulled himself out from under the covers and lay with his head in Ashton's lap.

Whilst the older boy was playing with his hear Luke was talking to Calum and Mikey about the previous night's events when they had a call from Modest Management requesting they get down to the offices straight away.

All four boys got dressed the fastest they had in the entirety of their lives, not wanting to piss Mr Cowell off more than they already had, and rushed out of the door into a taxi which was waiting for them.

Within half an hour they were sat in a meeting room with Mr Cowell and several other people who looked really important.

"So do you boys remember what we said about your relationships?"

"Yes"

"What was it then?"

"We weren't allowed to be public"

"So if you remembered that can you please explain to me all of these fans claiming that you two are dating and one of you confirmed it?"

"I honestly have no idea!" Ashton argued whilst Luke looked down at his hands not wanting to look up incase the guilt I his eyes gave him away.

"Okay, we need to get you both beards"

"What?"

"WE NEED TO GET YOU BOTH FAKE GIRLFRIENDS!"

"Oh" Luke and Ashton were dumbfounded at the prospect as neither of them had any attraction to girls.

"We already have two picked out for you. Ashton, your girls name is Kendall Jenner and Luke yours is Arzaylea"

Two girls were led in by security and they each introduced themselves to everyone.

Arzaylea was blatantly a girl who has had it good from the second she was born. Diamond earrings and all of her clothing was designer. Kendall was basically the same but quite a bit older. Ashton and Luke both immediately hated their new 'girlfriends' before they had even had a conversation with them and knew it was going to be so hard when they had to go out on fake dates together.

Once introductions had been made Luke and Ashton were desperate to escape so all four boys rushed off to the room where they always found one direction and burst in collapsing on the sofa.

"What's wrong with you guys?" questioned Harry

"They got us beards!" Ashton responded angrily

"But why I thought you guys hid it really well?"

"Apparently not well enough"

"Um guys" Mikey piped up from the other couch

"What is it Mike?"

"This may have something to do with it"

Mikey held up his phone showing a picture of Luke and Ashton holding hands walking back into the apartment right through the middle of the paparazzi.

Luke immediately burst out crying into Ashton's shoulder.

"This is all my fault"

"I'm sure it's not Luke" comforted Louis

"It is"

"How do you know that?"

"BECAUSE THERE WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN BEEN A CHANCE FOR THAT PICTURE TO BE TAKEN IF IT WASN'T FOR ME!"

"What are you talking about?"

Luke chose this moment to bury his head into Ashton's chest again to avoid talking.

But almost as soon as Luke's head hit Ashton's chest did he sit back up again realising he needed to tell the guys because he would be spending the next 6 months on tour with them.

Luke stood up.

Removed his jacket.

Pulled his head over his head ignoring Ashton telling him not to.

And waited for Harry, Louis, Liam and Niall to respond

When they didn't he opened his eyes and saw that Louis had also taken his shirt of. Revealing rows of faded scars on his arms.

Louis pulled Luke into a hug and all of the other guys soon joined in.