Chapter 12: I'm.. sorry..

We sat on the bus, heading off to the city. I knew sitting in a bus can be awkward, but I didn't know it could be this nerve-wracking. Demi kept replacing herself on her seat and looked forward and backward in every other moment. Then she looked outside, and back at her nails that she was picking. And so on. I just checked my phone, texting with Evette and stuff.

You: I've got a scared squirrel sitting next to me, she's making me nervous.

Evette: She's your girlfriend. Calm her down. She hasn't been around new people for a long time ;)

You: You're right.. brb x

"Demi, please. Stop moving and looking around like that. Why are you so scared?" I put my hand on her shoulder. She stopped replacing herself and kept her shoulders tensed while she stared forward. She didn't answer my question. I sighed.

"Do you want gum?" I asked. She frowned as I grabbed my bag from the floor, her eyes following every move I made. I grabbed the package of gum and gave it to her.

"You can press them out, like medicines." I instructed. She did as I asked at took one. She hadn't said a single word since we stepped into the bus. I looked at my watch.

"Five more minutes." I stated. She looked at the back of the bus again and quickly turned back around.

"What's wrong?" I asked again. Yet again she didn't reply and only fiddled with the empty gum package. I sighed. I noticed people had started staring at us. Great. After the bus hit the brakes, Demi quickly flew out and waited for me to step out as well. The moment I placed a foot outside, she quickly clenched her arms around my right arm. I couldn't tell her not do that, she'd freak out. We headed off to the center.

"Okay, what kind of clothes would you like?" I asked. She frowned at me.

"Do you want a specific basic color, or dresses, or.." I suggested. She looked around to the other people.

"No no no, eyes on the mannequins in the shop windows. Look, that shop sells chic colorful clothes, that one sells less girly clothes. More striped blouses and stuff. That shop sells band shirts and other merchandise, but those are kind of expensive. That shop sells the most recent fashion, but the quality is kind of bad and it's really cheap." I enumerated. She looked at the different types of clothes.

"W-what are band shirts?" She asked softly.

"You know bands right? Those groups that make music, such as REM or Guns 'n Roses. If you're a fan of a band you can buy their shirt." I explained. She looked impressed. We didn't need to worry about money, after searching through some documents I found that Demi actually has a heck of an amount. She inherited a lot from her parents, of course, and she also got some money from the government and stuff. But it was instructive for her to learn how to use her money.

"I like that shop." She pointed the less girly store. I would have picked that one as well. I nodded with a smile and we headed off to the store.

"Mind to let go of me now? You can search through the store for whatever shirt or pants you like." I said. Demi looked at me as she unwrapped her hands from my arm. I grabbed the label of her shirt to check her size.

"If you like something you can search for size 8 in the label, okay?" I said. She nodded and slowly stepped into the shop. I turned around to find some shirts for her. The clothes were really nice here. I found a black bare-shoulder shirt. I looked over at her to imagine her wearing it, but once I saw her I also saw a contributor walking towards her. I quickly ran to her.