Chapter 2: The Blind Man

Jess's POV

I heard the air horn go off as the games began. I saw Lion help Rage into the forest behind us. Strange how one event can bring even two bitter enemies together to aid each other.

The rest of us bolted to the middle and grabbed the closet chests to each of us. I managed to grab a bow, a few arrows and some steak. I immediately bolted into the forest after Rage and Lion. 

There was no blood-bath, as no one was too keen on killing another human being. My stomach churned at the thought I might have to kill one of the people I consider my friends.

I eventually caught up to the two, as they had stopped to rest on a fallen log. Not far behind was the rest of our team.

"Is this really happening?" Alesa asked, out of breath from running.

I looked up at everyone. "I'm afraid so." I gave a few shaky breaths. 

"Hey, Rage, you okay?" Unica asked as she looked at Rage. His face had a mixture of sadness and anger on it. His once red eyes were now  pale blue, a symbol of his blindness.

"Oh yes, I'm just peachy. I just can't see anymore and still have to fight for my life in a real life hunger games!" He threw his arms in the air and hit Lion.

"Hey, watch it!" Lion yelled, but immediately regretted it.

"Don't you think I would if I could?" Tears welled in Rage's eyes.

We all sat in silence for a while.

"We should take inventory of what we grabbed." I suggested, trying to be productive. Everyone nodded and laid out their items.

"So, I got a bow and some arrows. Who's good with a bow, on MC at least." I asked.

"I was pretty decent in the 10 in 1 challenge with Ross." Shelby commented.

"Good enough." Alesa sighed, pushing the bow and arrows towards her.

"Well, I got a stone sword and a wood axe. I'll take the axe, I guess. Who wants  the sword?" Unica asked.

"I'll take it." Lion said. Unica handed him the sword.

"I only managed to get two wood swords." Shelby sighed. She handed one to me and one to Rage, seeing as Alesa also managed to grab a stone sword.

"It seems we all managed to gather twelve steak total. That's enough for two for everyone." I pocketed two steak. Everyone else did too, except...

"No. Just kill me now. I can't see, and I'll probably die anyways. Just get it over with." Rage sighed.

"You will take the steak and like it." Unica hissed.

"Please! Just get it over with! I'm just gonna get killed anyways!"

"Rage. I know we've had our differences in the past in game, but in real life you are my friend. So, as a favor to your friend, take the steak because we are all getting out of here!" Lion yelled. Rage looked in his direction. It was kinda creepy, knowing he couldn't see but yet he still looked right at you. Rage turned away and pocketed the steak. "Good."

"Okay, so, what's the plan?" Shelby asked.

"Well, we should find water first, and fast. That'll be where everyone heads first." I pointed out.

"Yeah, and then we should stick to the trees, but be wary of Jerome. Here he's a bacca and according to him that's their natural habitat." Shelby suggested. I shook my head. 

"What about Rage?" I asked.

"Leave me." Rage said out of no where.

"Not gonna happen. Any other ideas?" Lion asked.

"Well, we could still go in the trees and hide Rage in a nearby bush at night." Unica suggested.

"And then we'll take shifts to watch during the night." Alesa finished.

"Alright, so we have a plan." Unica said.

"Not so fast. One more thing." I looked at everyone. "We only kill if it's ABSOLUTELY necessary. Got it? We're not refusing to kill, just setting terms for when we do." I said. Everyone nodded.

"Alright so let's find  a stream or something." Shelby said. We all stood up, Rage holding Lion's shoulder so he could guide him.

We began walking. As I walked, I thought about how we could all possibly get out of this...

Alive.

A/N So Lion and Rage are friends here, and Lion is gonna be that overprotective friend. I wonder how that POSSIBLY could affect future chapters? Hehe >:)

I feel evil today.