chapter nineteen

「"Because." ~Kim Taehyung」
lee mira's point of view

9:25pm

A scream suddenly bursted throughout the air, that the whole neighorbhood could've heard, I swear.

That was all I could hear.
A scream? Who was that screaming at 9:25pm at night?

Okay. Maybe it's not that late. But I was getting ready for bed, since you know, big day tomorrow. Graduation pictures.

I shivered. Why was it so cold in my house?

I planted myself into my pastel pink covers, wrapping myself.

I sighed. We have graduation pictures tomorrow. I know exactly what I'm going to wear. Nothing too fancy, of course. But I should be ready to see girls wearing dresses that go way down low on their chest area, if you know what I mean.

I stretched my body and relaxed my head down onto my soft, cold pillow.

I was about to go to sleep soon, but that deadly scream really woke me up.
Now I'm really wide awake now.

My eyes started to stung when light flashed through my eyes. Someone opened my bedroom door.

"M-mira?" Jaesung's little voice fluttered through my ears. He was standing there holding his teddy bear. He looked afraid.

"What?" I said while yawning.
"I-I heard a scream. I'm scared." Jaesung ran onto my bed, jumping. "Can I sleep with you today?"

I groaned. "It's probably nothing."

"I'm still scared and I won't be able to sleep." Jaesung pouted and plotted himself onto my bed.

"Fine." I went back onto my spot of my bed, and pushed him aside a bit. "Drool on my pillow and I'll kill you."

"I won't, I promise," his little voice replied back.

I felt him shuffling behind me and pulling the covers.

I closed my eyes, waiting for my mind to blank into darkness.

"Mira?" Jaesung pulled my locks through my hair.

"What do you want now?" I said annoyingly.

"I love you," Jaesung sniffed.

My eyes slightly widen.
My heart felt warm, and even though jaesung was my annoying little brother, he rarely said he loved me. It made me felt happy, because my little brother loved me.

"I love you too," I turned around to see him crying.
"Jaesung? Why are you crying?"

He was crying and wiping his tears off with his little hand. He was whimpering and trying to speak, but his sadness took over him.

"I-I don't want you to get hurt again," he continued sobbing.

My heart broke into pieces. That day when I tried to commit suicide.

"Oh jaesung," I comforted him by rubbing his back. "It's okay, I'm fine now. I promise you it won't ever happen again, okay?"

He nodded and slowly stopped sobbing.