Chapter 11

Your P.O.V

It had been a few weeks. Maybe a month. I finally am able to lift things I wouldn't have before. Jackson had finally decided that we were going to spar today. I smiled at the thought. I am so close to leaving. I can almost taste it. My heart fills with anticipation just thinking about it.

What if your dream was true? What if he really was with another woman? No that's not true. It would take a lot longer than that for him to propose. He is a decent guy and judges off of personality. He isn't just going to get hitched right after his previous love vanished. I sigh. I catch Jackson staring at me. His body language suggested confusion. I feel my forehead. It is quite warm.

I am not a middle school student. My face is not going to heat up by just thinking about him. I don't know why I am over heated. Maybe I need to go outside. You dumbass. You haven't been outside in over a year. There is no way you would get sick now. I need to cool down.

"You okay?" Jackson asks me, his voice showing concern.

"Yeah. I just need to cool down," I say. I can't get sick now.

Jackson just nods and lets me exit the room. I sigh and walk through the halls, spaced. I didn't pay attention to where I was going. Once I feel that my face is okay, I turn to head back to the room. I sigh, not remembering which way I came. I needed to retrace my actions. I walked backwards and take turns based on what I saw.

After what seemed like an hour, I made it back to the rooms. I was met by a Jackson in the doorway, showing concern. I sigh and look at the ground. "Sorry.. I.. Got lost," I say.

Jackson stifles a laugh. I smirk and punch his shoulder. "Hey. It's not funny," I whine.

He just keeps on snorting. I push him out of the way to get into the room. He laughs loudly. "Where.. Do you think... You are.. Going," Jackson says between laughs. It really wasn't funny anymore so it was just getting awkward.

"Inside," I state, bluntly.

"No you aren't. We have to go to the gymnasium," he says. I groan.

"Really? I am so sore. I don't want to," I say.

"Well if you want to waste time then go ahead. It'll mean a couple extra days of not seeing you fiancé," Jackson says.

He was right. If I stop now, my body will be unbearable if I rest. I grab my bag and stubbornly stomp off in the direction of the gym. I feel him smirking underneath his mask.

We get to the gym and go to the center, as we usually do. I ready myself with my weapon of choice. Jackson explains what we are doing. I am sparring him.

I hold myself and Jackson goes into his stance. He watches me carefully, anticipating my movements. He shifts slightly and I copy him. He lunges at me and I doge him. I swing my leg to hit him in the back of the neck. He barrel rolls and gets back up, ready to fight. He lunges again and I strike his core with my back. He coughs and I lung, whilst he is distracted. I tackle him to the ground, sitting on his chest. I hold my bat up, ready to hit his head. He chuckles lightly.

"That was faster than expected. I think you might be ready to help me out."

I grin widely. I am a month away from seeing my love. I am a month away from seeing my family. Words cannot describe how joyous I am feeling. I drop my bat. I lean down and awkwardly hug the man.

"Thank you thank you thank you! You're the best!"