money

After Beko explained the situation to me everything became clearer. Kakashi stopped working and Beko looks very sad these days. Right when I was thinking about her she greeted me

"Hey Ant, what's up?"
"Can you stop calling me Ant for once. It is annoying and childish. My name is Anthony. Remember?." I said getting my books out of the locker. She looked down and started to walk away. That's very unusual for her to do. "Not going to say something back?"

She turned around and shook her head 'no'. I ran up to her and apologized even though I still don't like her.
"What's wrong?"
"Since Kakashi is going to leave soon and take you with him.. do you mind listening to what I am feeling right now?" She asked defeated. This behaviour doesn't fit her at all. I agreed to listen. Not because I care or so, but because I am curious.

"There's a reason why I am childish and annoying."

"What a surprise." She rolled with her eyes and said:

"I have been a very serious person, but that all changed because I wanted people to enjoy my company. There have been times that everyone turned their back on me because I am no fun at all. Even if my actions makes me look like an idiot, I'll keep being childish. Just to make my friends laugh-"

"You aren't just childish and annoying. Don't forget that you are also too defensive."

"Thank you for being a very good listener, Ant. Anyways, yes I am too defensive. I hate to lose, even if it is about something small we are talking about. I lived with people having too much expectation from me. I am actually very quiet. Talking isn't my style and because of that I've been losing alot. Everyone pushed me around because I was an easy target. That all changed when I had enough of it. I started to get up for myself. The more people got afraid of me the better it felt-"

"I knew you weren't norma-"

"Oh just shut up and listen. It felt good to have people who were afraid of me, because that way I could assure myself that no one would try to harm me in any way. It has become a habit. Not everyone likes it and I don't care about that. The only thing I care about is Kakashi. But it feels like I am losing him too, because of the way I am. The world made me heartless, but how could someone so good like him understand that?"

I still don't like her, but the way she told me this tells me that there's still hope for her. And her only hope is Kakashi.

"Why don't you tell Kakashi that yourself?" I asked trying not to sound like a douchebag. "I don't know" was all that she could say.

***********

Kakashi's P.O.V.

I walked down the alley to that place. The place that beat my lady into pieces. "Did you bring it?"
I put a big bag with all the money in it before his nose. He zipped it open and started smelling the papers. "Now you leave her alone." I said stepping up to him. His men got in front of the desk and stopped me. "Leave her alone just like you are going to? Tsk tsk tsk... leaving so soon eh?"

How did he know. Who told him that. "What's wrong, Kanashimi? Or should I just say, Kakashi?" He stood up and all the lights made his tattoos and black greasy hair clear. I didn't lose my cool and played along.
"Kakashi? I don't know what you are talking about, but you've got your money. Leave her alone."

He started laughing like a maniac. His man all stepped away so he could walk towards me. There was blood on his chest. Maybe still from the last match Beko should have had if I didn't make a deal with him.
"Do you think that this money is enough to pay a talent like her? And your friend told me everything about you, Kakashi. Stop playing dumb. You are planning to take her along to your world, eh? Think again, mate."

He kept coming closer and tried to stab me with what looked like a knife. I grabbed his wrist and turned it all the way around. His men started to run but then he held his hand high. Signaling them to not interfere.
"Touch her and I'll make you regret it."

"Oh really?" He said smirking. That bastard. With one quick move I broke his hand. He didn't even flinch. Must be used to it.
"What is it that makes you care about her that much? Can't you see how awkward and pathetic she is?" He started to make me angrier with every word he said.
"You are a heartless monster. No need for me to tell you why she means so much to me."

"What makes you think that she isn't someone like me who is just better at hiding her true self?"

"Because to become someone like you she has to give up her humanity." I let go of his arm and warned him for the last time.
"Get your money and leave her alone. Like we agreed on that night."

With that I walked back home thinking who could betray me..

*********

"Boss?"
"I know."