Rebel Daze: Episode {5}

*POV*

Sang Sorenson

*Media*

Pretty Is by Lyfe Jennings

*Date Published*

May 15, 2016

*Episode 5*

What is Pretty?

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

It was two days later when my next great rebellious idea came to me. With Dr. Sean taking on more shifts at the hospital to cover for those who'd began coming down with some nasty bug that was going around, he wasn't around much for me to ask the questions I'd like to ask of him. So the one idea I had for yesterday, I was postponing until we could have that conversation.

When I awoke today, and left the bathroom to enter the bedroom and find yet another outfit already handpicked for me, I figured out what my next rebellion would be.

And I cringed knowing that at least one specific guy was going to destroy me for it. And then I laughed, because I couldn't wait to see how he took it.

Quickly sending out a group text, I was informed that all of the guys were downstairs except for Owen, Sean, and Silas. I let them know that I would be down soon, but had something important to do first.

And then I went foraging through the bathroom cabinets.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Rebellion Tip 5: Dare to grab hold of people's attention from every-day, mundane routines.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

One hour (approximately) later, I had my hair styled how I wanted it and was dressing in record time.

Taking a deep breath, I decided to face the music.

As I descended the stairs, I heard "Finally, what were you doing up there all that time Trouble?"

I got closer to him, however, as the others began converging on us at our spot near the bottom of the stairs and his eyes bulged, mouth hanging open, and I could only imagine the colorful words sitting at the very tip of his tongue.

"What in the-" Gabriel began only to be cut off by Kota. "Um, 10, you look...quite different. In a beautiful way of course."

I held back a giggle. I'd dyed the ends / lower levels of my hair a pretty pink color and boy did it take forever for me to figure out how to even do that!

I was definitely going to take some people's attention with this hairstyle.

And most importantly, I had made sure to read the label and ensure that this could be reversed easily. Of course, I wasn't sure how much that ease would matter to Gabriel who had claimed my hair from the moment I met him.

I hadn't cut any of it, and the colors had seemed to merge easily so that it seemed like it could've even been my natural hair color. One of the shades had been called bubblegum pink, and the other "hot pink" I believe. Still, they were pink and I actually thought they looked pretty good.

To not clash with the outfit Gabriel had chosen for me, I'd put it aside and dressed myself from the huge wardrobe Gabriel, Victor, Owen, and the others have compiled for me over the years.

The bottom of the dress was a mix of pink and blue, leaning into a sort of purplish color while the top was white and formed more like a bra than an actual blouse. I thought it looked pretty and to match, I'd painted my toenails white with pink dots on each toe. Of course, I messed up quite a few times since I wasn't as artistic as Gabriel but I thought I pulled the outfit together quite nicely.

To end, I'd curled my hair a bit at the ends and given myself a colored bang in front so that two strands dangled in front of my eyes like Gabriel's had when we'd first me.

The finisher was a tad bit of makeup, applied to my cheeks and eyes making them look like I was already blushing and just a simple gloss to plump my lips. I wore my dreamcatcher bracelet, necklace, an earrings set for jewelry and simple white sandals on my feet.

I was waiting for Gabriel to say something, since I know his words would be the most damning or the most encouraging regarding this particular rebellion

I was waiting for Gabriel to say something, since I know his words would be the most damning or the most encouraging regarding this particular rebellion. Did he hate it? Did I make myself look hideous? Was pink too exciting a color for hair as average as mine? Did I make him mad?

Did he hate me?

Several of the others approached me, giving me hugs, kisses, and praises on how I looked.

From Nathan's "I could just eat you up Peanut, you're Glenda the Sexy witch." to Luke's "You could be the icing on my cupcake, well besides you already being my Always." And including North's "Baby how are we supposed to keep the idiots away from you when you come out looking like a fuckin sex kitten?" I was slowly gaining a huge smile, thinking maybe I'd done a good job.

Until Gabriel approached, gently fingering my hair and rubbing at the pink strands with a hazy look in his eyes, his normal ice crystals now cloudy.

I gulped, an apology bursting forth before he could even speak. "I'm so sorry Meanie. I shouldn't have done it. I thought it would be pretty but I just ruined everything. You can fix it, can't you? You can make it pretty again?"

My throat clogged with tears and more apologies wanting to rush forth, until his lips landed on mine, a strangled mmph getting muffled between us.

When he stepped back, his lips were shiny with gloss and his eyes burning with heated desire. "Trouble fuck," he groaned before leaning in and gripping me to hold me in place, one hand going south to lock around my waist like a steel armband while the other kept my head in place.

This time, when he finally pulled away, it was only because I couldn't breathe but gosh I hadn't even cared until I was getting lightheaded.

All of a sudden, a smack was landing on my thigh followed by a yelp from me. Automatically, my bottom lip jutted out.

"Put that fuckin lip back in you troublemaker," he demanded. "And what's this shit about it's not pretty. Motherfucking pink dye and you think it's the dye. Shit you're beautiful inside and out, the colors only attempt to accentuate what you've got naturally. Your beauty there no matter what you do to the outside."

Despite his words, I couldn't stop myself from biting my lip in nervousness and once more questioning "So it's really pretty?"

Scoffing, he nodded "Pretty is what pretty does. And you do it damn gorgeously."

*Word Count* 1130

[ This chapter has not been edited. ]