Now before you guys tell me I’m overreacting, could stop for minute and think. I get bullied every day in school, by people who hate me and wish I was dead. My boyfriend of three years whom I loved very much went and cheated on me with one of my bullies. Then out of nowhere comes my knight in shining armor. He called me his girlfriend, took me to dates (three to be exact), and was a rock for me ever since he came. He saved me from depression and cutting. He’s my hero, as cheesy as that sounds.

            But my hero, my own boyfriend doesn’t want me. Tears filled up my eyes and I could tell Harry instantly regretted what he said. “Chels, I—“ Harry started as he touched my cheek with his warm hand.

            I shook my head and pushed his hand away. The hurt that was once inside of me was now replaced by anger. How dare he! I knew I had to be strong; I wouldn’t let him do this to me after Josh.

             I went for the smartest option I had available; pushing him. With all my force. Harry flew backwards and hit the small bed of stuffed animals. He looked up at me in shock and I just stuck my chin out as an answer. “Chels, what was—“

            “No Harry,” I shook my head, “I’m not going to stay here and let you get on my nerves like that! And how dare you say you don’t need me, because it’s not me that needs you, but you that will learn that you need me. And you’re going to learn the hard way.”

            With that I stood up opened the room door. “Wait, where are you going?” Harry asked.

             “Out.” I answered and slammed the door shut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            “Which one of you ordered 4 burgers, two plates of fries, seven milkshakes, and 3 slices of cake?” The waitress asked.

            Niall raised his hand and stared greedily at his food. Before our server could even leave, Niall started gobbling his food down. Right in the middle, he opened his mouth wide and moaned, some pieces of un-chewed falling out. I don’t even want to describe what was in his mouth because children, you will be scarred for the rest of your lives. And I know you do NOT want the same fate as me.

 The waitress quickly put my salad down in front of me and scurried away. Fudge, that girl got away. Lucky her. Suddenly, the diner door opened and a boy walked in. I couldn’t see his face, but his back seemed oddly familiar. Butterflies filled my stomach and I frowned. Why was I reacting like this? I think he felt someone watching him, and he spun around. I quickly glanced down and began eating my salad like I was doing that the whole time, instead of watching a random boy.

A familiarly random boy.

My eyes trailed causally around the diner until I “accidently” found myself staring the mystery boy again. BIG MISTAKE. His brown eyes were already trained on me, and it didn’t take me long to figure out who it was. My eyes widened and my gaze quickly snapped back towards Niall, who of course, was still devouring his food. “Hey, Ni? I’m gonna go to the bathroom real quick. I’ll be back.” I said in a rush and clumsily stumbled to the bathroom, not even bothering to wait for Niall to respond.

I pushed open the door and headed straight to the sink. My palms pressed against the cool countertop and I stared at myself. What was I doing? Why didn’t I have the guts to sit there like a regular human being?

Oh that’s right, because he’s Josh.

I shook my head angrily. He shouldn’t have this kind of control over me, it’s just not fair. We’re been broken up for a long time now, but I still don’t have the courage to look at him. Disappointment washed over me and I sighed. I’m never going to get back my courage to face him. Never. That’s just the kind of loser I am.