Chapter 27

-Josh's Pov-

The ringing of the earpiercing gunshot filled my ear drums, making me flinch, expecting pain through my chest.

The time steadily passed, and I felt normal. I unhurriedly opened my eyes, thinking I was dead, but I saw myself still standing at the carnival.

I saw Faith, clutching onto her side as red liquid began soaking her shirt before she fell to the ground in pain.

Dominic stood, emotionless, gun still positioned straight at my chest, but he lowered it, walking away.

I rushed to Faith's side, seeing her emerald eyes becoming less and less visible as she closed them. "Faith." I shouted, trying to keep her awake with loud noises.

Her grip on her stomach began to weaken, slowly sliding off onto the cold pavement. "Stay with me." I mumbled, shaking her.

Her eyes closed, and I kept trying to wake her up, but it wasn't working. "Faith."I cried.

I felt a tear slide down my face, feeling my emotions begin to pound against the top of my throat, but I tried holding it in.

"Come on." I begged, as if she could still hear me holding on.

I check her pulse, which was frail, barely noticeable by the touch. I heard people rushing in, checking the area.

"Please step away from the girl." A policeman shouted out with a gun pointed at my chest.

I threw my hands up. "I'm not trying to hurt her." I cried out. "Please help me."

"Please stand up to make sure you are clean of any weapons." He yelled back.

I did as he said, slowly letting go of Faith, and rising up from my knees. "Just help her." I pleaded, looking at him with my sorrow filled eyes. "She was shot. Her pulse is weak."

I saw two people rush over to her, with a stretcher and equipment.

"What's her name?" A female asked.

I lowered my hands. "F-faith." I studdered. "Faith M-matthews."

She nodded, helping the other paramedic pick her up onto the stretcher as a cop rushed over to me, patting me down for a weapon.

He hands slid back up to his sides when he found nothing. "Sir, can you please tell us what happened?"

I zoned out, paying attention to Faith being dragged off. I saw her fragile hand laying off to the side, waiting for me to hold, but I wasn't there. "I need to be with her. " I said, pushing my way past the officer.

I tugged on the back of my shirt. "Sir." He yelled. "We can't let you leave until we know what happened."

"Look at the security footage for fucks sake! I need to be with Faith." I yelled, ripping myself from the guys grip.

He slowly laid off. "We will talk to you at the hospital then." He whispered.

I ran off to the ambulance, fighting past the media, police, and other people that were at the carnival tonight.

The door almost closed, but I grabbed it before the car drove off without me. "I am her boyfriend. I am not leaving without her." I demanded.

One of the people moved over, making a seat for me to sit. I grabbed one of her white pale hands l, gripping it so I couldn't let go.

They began connecting machine tubes to her arm, pumping blood into her system as someone tried to make the bleeding come to an end.

I grabbed my phone and typed in the first number I thought of, regardless on my views on them, and the contact name of Vikk came up.

I placed the phone against my ear, barely listening to the ringing, and focused on Faith, who was barely holding onto life.

"Hey Josh." He growled. "Got most of your stuff packed since you are leaving. It's already on the side of the road for you."

"Vikk. Right now is not the time." I started, with my words becoming a jumbled mess with how sped up I was. "Faith got shot. She is bleeding out, unconscious. She saved my life."

The silence on the other end seemed dreading as he took in the last few words. I could almost see his face, trying to comprehend what I just said.

"Are y-you serious?" He whispered. "What hospital are you going to? I'll meet you there, I will get Simon to pick up the girls."

One of the paramedics looked up, almost instantly. "We are on our way to the London Bridge Hospital." She called out.

I looked up slightly, nodding, repeating the information to Vikk, who I could hear him rushing around the house, frantically getting things.

I heard the jiggling of car keys near the speaker of his phone. "I'm on my way."

The call connection came to an abrupt ending, hearing him shout Simon.

I continuously looked at her, pushing her curled blonde hair out of her face, seeing everything that I loved. But my heart continued to drop as the color of her once vibrate tanned skin began to get lighter than once thought imaginable.

I felt a tip slip from my eye, falling down my face and onto her shirt. The trail stayed, leaving the tear stain my cheek. My emotions were still bottled up, trying to break the strength of me holding it back, but I wasn't going to break just yet.

"Less than 5 minutes to the nearest hospital." The driver said.

I looked up and saw the streets illuminating the dark, dim streets with poorly lit street lights. I could see the blue lights from the top of the car shining onto the buildings further ahead but then zooming past me in an instant, making everything seem blurry just like my thoughts.

Everything in my mind was hazy, feeling like I took one too many shots at a bar. Thoughts were being destroyed as new ones appear. It felt like a wildfire going off in my mind.

I slipped my hand away from Faith, trying to calm myself down, but I felt my heart slowly dying like she was. The emotional burden of this started to weigh down on my shoulders, even with the news not even predicted.

I didn't know if she was going to stay.

÷Author's Note÷

I'M SORRY I LEFT YOU ON THAT CLIFFHANGER.

I've been very busy with exams and a new job that I have now that bores me outta my mind. (It is incredibly easy)

BUT AYEEEE. WHO HAS THE SIDEMEN APP? I am really addicted to it. I really like how the fandom is all in this app and it makes it easier to talk to one another because WE UNDERSTAND. #shamelessplug {search 'Sammi Marie' and that should be me, I follow back 😊}

Well if you guys did enjoy, leave some feedback and see ya!

-TheBaconist