Chapter 1

-Faith's Pov-

I heard the glass slam against the cupboard next to me, having all of it shatter across the floor.

"Now look what you have done, you little shit!" William yelled at me.

I looked at him in disbelief, but I knew what would have happened if I talked back. "I am sorry."

He walked up, and grabbed me by the collar of my shirt. "No. You are not." He said, slamming me against the cupboard. "Now clean this glass up before I find out that you get another bad grade on a test."

He walked out, stomping his feet. I sighed slightly, and carefully walked over to get the broom and dustpan since I wasn't wearing any socks or shoes.

William wasn't the most ideal guardian. He always wanted me to be perfect in every way imaginable, to make sure that I become just as good as my parents did.

Earlier, he searched through my binders, and found an English exam with an 87%, which wasn't bad considering I was the highest grade in the class, but William wasn't so pleased.

He always wanted a grades with 95%-110% which made school ten times more fustrating because of him.

I swept up the floor, and noticed that a piece of glass left a huge gash in my hand, and noticed that it was bleeding.

In the moment, I didn't notice the pain because I was too terrified to feel anything other than fear.

I threw the glass into the trash can, and attended my wound by running it under water.

I went to the bottom cupboards and pulled out my secret First-aid Kit that William would hate to know about wince he always wanted for me to feel pain and suffer.

Grabbing a gaze, I carefully wrapped my hand up, and made sure it wouldn't get lose.

Looking at the time, it read 08:25, and realized that I had to go to school, but William stopped me earlier in my tracks with the bad grade.

I grabbed my skateboard and string backpack, and headed off.

~~~

When I arrived, the bullies stood in front of the entrance.

There were only a few today, as I only saw Simon, JJ, and Josh.

They were talking, not paying attention to me, so I through my hoodie up and tried walking around.

I felt the hood get knocked off, and they pulled my hair, causing me to fall to the ground.

They stood over me, laughing. "Did you really think you were gonna make it past us?" JJ asked.

I looked down, trying to not show the fear in my eyes when Simon turned my head, making me look at them. "Not having eye contact is a bit disrespectful."

I felt a small pain along the side of my face, and heard them all laughing at me.

I held up my good hand to my face, trying to pick myself up, but Josh knocked me down. "We didn't say you could leave that easily Faith."

I wanted to look up at him, trying to see his kindness behind the harsh side of him. "Please let me go." I whimpered.

They all squatted down to my level, and told me no.

Josh went back up, and picked up my skateboard, the one I saved up for years to get, and slammed it against the wall, and the board split in half, and one of the wheels fell off.

I tried getting back up, but Simon and JJ prevented me. "That feels good." Josh said, smiling.

I felt a tear slide down my face when I heard a teacher walk by, causing all of them to quickly look as if nothing was happening.

"Excuse me Ms. Matthews, shouldn't you be in class?" My English teacher asked me, but ignored the guys.

I nodded and picked myself back up, wiping a tear away. "Yes, ma'am."

"Hey Mr. Bradley, Minter, and JJ. How is you day so far?" She asked the guys as I walked off, as my skateboard was in pieces, neglecting to call JJ by his name because it was too hard to pronounce.

~~~

I sat on my own at lunch, as usual. The horrible tasting lunch food of chicken and mac and cheese was hard to swallow, but I forced into my system.

"You know, you still have never told us why you moved to London." I heard Ethan laugh behind me.

I turned, but before I could, the table bounced up which their weight acting on it at the same time.

I quickly hid my face behind my blonde hair, and looked down, feeling the memories come back.

Vikk turned my head to face them. "It is considered rude not to answer questions."

I closed my eyes, fighting away the tears and the bullying. "Some things are best unanswered." I whispered.

The table bounced. "Tell us you dirty little slut." Josh yelled at me.

I shook my head. "Why would I? You'd never believe me anyway." I hissed at them.

Tobi smacked my food away. "We just want to know why the hell you are here. You are pretty much invaluable anyway. So what is the point anyway?"

I got up and just ran to my nearest class before they could react. Josh tried to grab onto my arm, but fail and slightly ripped my uniform sleeve.

I went into my biology class, and breathed in, and laid my binders and journal down, noticing the class was completely empty.

My journal was a very valuable piece to me that nobody except me has seen inside. I wrote songs, sketched, and wrote personal messages to myself and it was the only way I could communicate my emotions.

I grabbed my pencil and laid it onto a blank page. I looked around the room and my eyes landed upon my hand with the gaze around it.

I drew the outline and then started to draw the individual details of the stitching and the small folds of the cloth making the pain I felt transfer on the paper until people started to walk in the classroom.

I shut the book and put it under the other binders.

I heard Mr. Conway walk in. "Good Afternoon class. How are all of you?"

I really wanted to say that I wasn't okay, even if it was one of my better days, but they wouldn't care about that, would they?

÷Author's Note÷

I AM EXTREMELY SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED. I HAVE BEEN REALLY BUSY.

So, you know how I was planning NOT to have a boyfriend until like college? Yep. Didn't go to plan.

BUT HE IS SO ADORABLE AND NICE AND... UGHHHHH.

But yeh. Still sorry for not uploading this when I said I was.

Well, if you guys did enjoy, give me some feedback, and see ya!

-TheBaconist