Chapter 4

-Faith's Pov-

The constant, dreading beeping awoke me.

I opened my eyes, but flinched at the brightness of the blinding white lights.

I tried to move, but I was in too much pain to do so. Once again I tried to open my eyes, but slower causing my eyes to naturally adjust.

I looked around, and I saw a heart monitor to my right and the smell of sanitation overwhelmed me.

Without knowing, I inspected the damage.

On my arms, I couldn't see much except bandages. But I noticed my left hand was in a cast, as I saw little scratch marks on my fingers from glass and chipped wood.

I looked down. My legs were the same, except the scratches didn't extend out as much as my arms did.

I looked out on a chair and saw several papers in a tan folder with the words 'Faith Matthews' in large black letters.

I reached over, pulling the folder closer to me to where I could see what was inside.

I opened it and saw pictures of me and my parents. Their names were on the side 'Annabeth and Michael Matthews' and it made me realize these papers were for me and my cusdity.

I looked for a familiar name to whom would be taking care of me, but the signature were too hard to read.

A noise make me automatically shut the folder, throwing it back on the chair.

The door of the room slowly opened, revealing a guy who I could only guess was my doctor.

"Nice to see you awake Ms. Matthews. I was hoping you would wake up soon so you can go to your new home."

I got confused. "New home?"

"Oh. Sorry, your probably a bit fuzzy on the details." He started, and handed me the folder I once had. "William, your old guardian, is being sent to court for child abuse. And with some of the injuries you had, maybe even attempted murder."

The last word hung in the air giving me slight shudders down my spin.

"Knowing he was the only caretaker, we had to do a search for who would take care of you until you turned 18, which would only be for a couple of months from now. We searched for family, but nobody had the finances to do so, surprisingly with your parents old fortune."

I remembered the way my parents would never speak of any of my other family, as if they never existed. Then the doctor cut me off of my thoughts, again.

"Then we asked about friends, and we were given two names, Bella and Amy. Apparently they live together, and their parents are willing enough to take care of you."

A small smile crept along my lips. "So, Doctor..." I started, before he told me his name.

"Wells. Harrison Wells." He said, with a small smile. (DON'T WORRY FOR THE PEOPLE THAT WATCH THE FLASH. THIS WELLS AIN'T EVIL)

"Doctor Wells, what happened to me? I know a small sliver of what happened, but then I got knocked out."

He paused, rubbing his hands against his legs before grabbed the clipboard from the edge of my bed. "Well. Certainly a whole lot." He paused, fully scanning the paper before pushing his glasses higher up against his face.

"For the big major injuries, your forearm is broken and your ribs are just lucky bruised. Next, your nose is broken, as well as your knuckles, with a concussion. Also, your windpipe nearly broke from what seems to be choking, as we can see from the marks on your neck. The rest is just bruises and scratches. Seems like William had some anger."