Chapter 6

-Faith's Pov-

The slamming of the car door awoken me of my sleep.

My eyes fluttered open when I felt Bella pull on my good arm. "Come on Faith! You are so lazy sometimes." She told me.

I propped myself back up, and groaned slightly. "But I am surprisingly comfortable."

She yanked on my arm once more, causing me to give in.

We walked to the door, only to smell the magnificent Nando's from inside.

"Is that Nando's I smell?" Amy asked, somewhat annoyed.

Bella seemed to be the same. "Seems so."

I stared at them in confusion as Amy unlocked the door. "What is the problem? Nando's is the best thing that humans have ever created. Without it, I could never breathe the air. This is why the world spins."

I heard them both laugh as they threw their backpacks to the ground. "Well, after years of having it on a daily basis, it gets old and boring. I can't remember a day when I didn't have Nando's." Amy said.

Takeout boxes laid on the large dining room table, set out for each person, utensils included.

I saw Amy's mother walk in. "Hey sweetie. Heard you come in. How was school?" She asked, walking towards Amy, giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

She quickly unraveled herself from the hug, as she wasn't the hugging type. "Fine. But people are making fun of my piercings once again."

Her mother was slightly concerned. "Are you okay? I think the piercings help express who you are. If they don't like who you are, just ignore them. They can't see amazing things." She reassured her.

"Yes mum. I am fine." She said, wanting her to get away.

Her mother's attention seemed to direct itself more towards me and Bella, causing her to turn slightly. "What about you two? Faith, I am guessing you have plenty of work to do for the time you were gone, I presume."

We both smiled, letting her know that today was a normal day. "Yeah, I actually need to ask if I can stay after school with Mr. Conway to complete all of my lessons and projects that I didn't get to do. I was wondering when I would be able to do so." I said, putting both my hands behind my back.

She nodded, putting her index finger in the air as she went to another room, and came back out with a notebook of some sort. "What time would we need to pick you up?"

I shook my head. "Well, I don't think you need to do that. I can walk home, I did do it for almost 9 years with no problems whatsoever."

"I don't know Faith. Walking through some of these streets aren't the safest. We don't need you getting hurt."

I disagreed. "Well, I can handle myself. Nothing is worse than what William did to me. If I can survive that, than I can surely survive the streets." My voice slowly began to raise.

She looked down at her notebook, unsure how to react. "You can stay after tomorrow. We won't have anything happening that is important. Just stay safe, alright?" She asked.

"Will do." I answered.

"That work won't complete itself. You can bring your food to your room if it is necessary." She said, passing my food.

I grabbed it, and headed off.

~~~

Amy stood in the doorway as I completed some of my Trigonometry work.

"How's it going?" I asked politely, as I glanced back and forth between my assignment and textbook as I copied down a question.

I heard her shoes click against the wood floor, as she walked behind me. "It is fine. Just checking up on you."

I breathed out in exhaustion. "It is hard. Why did I need to stay home for two weeks? I have only completed two days worth of work so far. It's stressing me out."

I felt her hand rest on my shoulder, causing me to relax a bit. "Why don't you take a break. Me and Bella were actually wondering if you wanted to play some Black Ops with us. We have one more controller that you can use."

"I don't know Amy. I have lots of work to do." I said, looking down at my paper.

I felt her pull on my good arm, leading me to the door. "Come on Faith. It is good to get a break every so often. Just a couple of games. That's it."

I gave in. "Alright. I'll join."

She lead me to her gaming room. She had a single television that was hooked up to several consoles, such as the Xbox One, PS4, and a WiiU. There was a kitchen that connected to it. (MEDIA)

"Your house never fails to amaze me." I muttered under my breath.

Bella handed me a controller. "Alright Matthews. Let's see how good you are."

I snatched it out of her hand. "Let's go mate."

~~~

After several rounds of Free-for-all with Bella and Amy, I sat defeated.

"How the actual fuck do you win this? I can barely shoot a bullet before I lay dead on the ground and respawn."

Bella and Amy both laughed. "Well, we have been playing a long while." Amy said.

"Yeah. You just need some practice. How about you go into public matches and play some Team Deathmatch. That way you are on a team and you are playing with actual people, so your skills will improve." Bella suggested.

I nodded slightly. "Maybe later. I need to finish my Trigonometry homework. That stuff can't be done by itself." I sighed.

"But isn't it trigonometry math? It technically can be done by itself if you have a calculator. It is basically cheating whenever you use it, cause your not wasting any brain cells to complete it." Amy said.

I laughed. "Well, I still have to do it. Guess I will see you all tomorrow. I really need to get this work done, and I don't want to do it for the next two weeks."

They waved, and set up their next game together, hearing them argue who will win.

I arrived in our room, and my papers were as they left them.

"Now I got to figure out what is the measure in degrees of the angle A = 7π/6. Great."

÷Author's Note÷

I suck at updating.

I legit spent like 3 hours writing 200 words. Like bruh.

Well I am gonna try every other day updating, hopefully I can keep that up.

Well, if you guys did enjoy, leave me some feedback and see ya!

-TheBaconist