Part 29: I Love You

Start from the beginning

Luke stopped to take a deep breath, his hands grasping onto the rack of the chair he had been sitting at. His vein was prominent on his neck along with a rosy color that infected because of his furious outburst.

"That was one upcoming problem that I could delete from my mind. Then I realized the actual problem I had caused the second I took the decision to take her home." He looked up from staring down at his desk to look at Matty.

"I've texted Y/N, I've called her but she rejects me. Blocks me out. Doesn't want anything to do with me. I've only received one text from her which consisted 'I'm fine' and I know that in girl world that means the complete opposite. I don't even know what happened after I left, she doesn't want to tell me!"

"She walked home on her own." Matty responded with disappointment in his voice.

"She walked alone all the way from The Vibe?! That's at least two miles from her house and the time was past three am?! Matty where the hell were you?" Luke asked furious and looked at the curly haired lad who all of the sudden presented himself as nervous, clutching onto his bag for dear life.

"I uh- I went home with a girl I met at the club." Matty's neck and the rest of his face went red by admitting it, his hazel eyes looking anywhere else than on Luke.

"But I expected Y/N to go home with you, that's the reason why I decided to do what I did! If I knew the second that she had to find home on her own in darkness where creepy guys hang around in the corners I would never have gone home with another girl!"

Luke grabbed his chair to almost stabilize himself, his face pale just by the thought of you walking home on your own. He couldn't stand it, "Nothing happened to her, right?" He ran a hand through his dirty blond locks and looked up at Matty with hopeful eyes.

"I don't think so. " Matty responded quietly and fiddled with his fingers.

"I can't even bare the thought of it if something happened to her because of me. It's enough that I took Meredith home, if someone did anything to her I would never forgive myself." Luke spoke with a quiet voice, finally seeming to calm down from his furious stage.

A knock from the door made both boys turn their direction towards the door handle moving.

Luke couldn't believe his own eyes when you walked inside timidly, having your hair up in a bun and clutching onto the huge grey sweatshirt you were wearing. You looked miserable and much more than just when you were on your period. This was something huge and Luke stood up from his chair the second you walked fully into the classroom.

"I'll leave you two alone." Matty mumbled awkwardly before stumbling towards the door, closing it quietly after he walked out.

"Hi." Luke said with a soft quiet tone and stood up from his chair. He had no idea what to do with himself in this situation. Should he walk forward and kiss you? Was he even allowed to do that? Was a small hug acceptable? The question was floating around in his mind like waves crashing ashore.

"Hey." You mumbled back carefully, keeping a bit distant of him, standing the exact same spot Matty had been standing at minutes ago. You leaned your back against the wall and looked down at your feet, a shaky breath escaping your lips.

"Y/N I am so incredibly sorry you have no idea, I-" Luke stopped in track when you held your hand up, interrupting him and wanting him to stop already.

"I heard everything you said outside on the hallway." You mumbled shyly and nodded your head towards the door. "Everything you said to Matty, the reason why you took Meredith home and acted as you did. I know eavesdropping isn't alright but I couldn't help myself in that situation. I needed to hear it."