"Veronica don't!!" He yelled but I couldn't stop. Tears began to cloud all sense of sight. So much blood. His blood. A rogue jumped on my back. I could feel its claws ripping my skin making a growl of pain escape. There were too many for just us three. I was afraid.

A loud howl brought me back, activating all my senses. My gaze quickly looked to my left to find my injured mate ripping the throat of the rogue who had attacked me. Others were on their way. Alex's howl let us made us aware of that.

As predicted the first to arrive was Alex. Soon followed by Bria and Nicko. Like a killing machine our future alpha didn't waste any time. She was in for the kill.

There was blood everywhere. Even in the darkest of nights you could see it. Covering the snow like a carpet made out of silk. The smell of it becoming too strong. Air will be our messenger. Letting them know who had won this attack.

There was only one problem.

"Veronica?" I heard my brother say. Once I looked at him my heart broke into a million pieces. He was holding his stomach where a hole now like a tattoo was placed. He was in his human form already and I was quick to shift back.

"Nicko no no no." I said quickly kneeling by his side. His blue eyes stare at mine. "You can't leave me Nick, you're the only family I have left. You will be an uncle in a few months..." tears began to roll down his eyes. Desperately reaching out to me. I grabbed his bloody hand. At this point I was sobbing.

Alex kneeled at the other side. Her eyes quickly becoming fluorescent green.

Everything happened so fast. Jules quickly came to our side. Her eyes also glowing. She began to speak in latin with a hand over his wound.

She was trying to heal him. But it was too late.

"I will always look out for you sist.... you will be an amazing mother..." He said gasping for air. His hand reached for my tummy, I placed mine on top of his.

It hit me like a cannon, this will be the last time I will hear his voice.

It was time to let go. I broke down, our strong connection was gone. I could not feel our bond anymore.

"Take him to the facility." Jules said defeated. Strong arms embraced me. My mate's scent only made me more vulnerable, my twin brother had just died saving mine and Roy's life.

Alex's POV

Cries, more cries upon making it to the our facility. Marcus was carrying his limp body. Tears formed in those brown eyes but he never let them fall. Nicko was one of his. He had taken Veronica and Nick since they were kids.

Something inside me felt inmense pain. Yet another was completely numb if that even makes sense. I didn't have to say anything. No matter how many things you say it will never be enough in such situation. I couldn't handle seeing their pained expressions. So I just walked away. How many of them are out there? It's scary to even think of it.

Taking a cold shower, I heard the main door to my room open. It only took me a second to catch a scent. Since I got the name of the witch I have been studying and preparing myself. Activating each cell in my body. Learning as much as I could.

"We need to talk Alex." My mom said from behind the bathroom door. Yet I felt her so far away. Her voice so distant. Turning off my appealing shower. I put on a robe. Wiping with my hand the foggy mirror. My green eyes don't even seem like mine anymore. There is just a dark shadow in them that was not there before. Trying to once again not lose myself I quickly opened the door. Looking at my tired mother. She looked devastated.