What Should I Do?

Start from the beginning

"I already have enough brothers, I don't need any more," Alex mutters. He has three brothers and a sister, his Mom kept trying for a girl which she finally got five years ago.

"Oh shit, he's coming in," Cameron says, turning his back on us. They all sit down at their desks before our teacher comes in the classroom and gets out the test sheets.

"Pass these down through the rows and as soon as you get them start, you have thirty-five minutes, go," our teacher announces. When I get mine everything that I have been learning for the past week completely leaves my head. I bite my lip and look at the first question. Oh no! I can't remember anything! How did that happen, I've been learning very hard, how does it just go like that?!

Dammit James was right about if you worry too much you forget it. I look over at Jake, he was writing away like mad. At least he remembers; that's all that matters. Maybe I could ask him. Whoa, whoa, whoa! How could I even think about cheating, I've never cheated before or thought about cheating?

I'm turning into a badass while Jake's turning into a goody goody. It should be the other way round, I'm the goody goody and he's the badass. My life's gone fucked up; I'm going to get another bad grade. I look down through the other questions; I knew some of them but not all. There were 20 questions: 18 short questions and 2 long questions. I answer one long question and 11 short questions. I really wish I remembered them all. At the end of class, the bell rings and we give them up to our teacher.

"How did you do?" Jake asks.

"Not good at all," I answer truthfully.

"Really?" he asks shocked and I nod. "But you were wonderful yesterday and during lunch today, what happened?"

"I was just worrying too much and I forgot it all, it doesn't matter. What about you?"

"I think I did okay."

"I'm sure you did fantastic, you were writing away like mad," I laugh and he chuckles then kisses my cheek.

"And I'm sure you did better than you think." I sigh and rest my head against his chest. "I love you, Sophia."

"I love you too, Jake, promise me everything's going to be okay."

"I promise," he repeats.

"Jakey, can I ask you something?" He nods. "You could have gotten any girl in school, why did you not want someone else?"

"Because those girls aren't you: beautiful, amazing you. Sophia, I fell in love with you because everything about you is just amazing, you are so perfect in my eyes. There is no one as beautiful, intelligent, caring and wonderful as you." He cups my cheek and places a soft kiss on my lips, leaving tingles behind. Aw, he's the best boyfriend in the world. He hugs me tight and I feel a pain in my stomach. I bite my lip and squeeze him hard. "Are you all right?"

"I think so," I say uncertainly.

"Think? Baby, are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, it was just a little pain." This time I kiss him but he pulls back abruptly.

"Pain?! We should take you to the hospital, what if it's from the fall yesterday or all this stress-"

"Jake, you get too worried too fast. Stop, I'm fine, full stop," I interject. He stops with the questions but it's obvious he's still worried. "Come on, let's go." I take his hand and drag him over to my locker.

"Baby, we should just make sure you and them are okay, it will only take a few minutes. Just to be on the safe side, don't you want to know if they're okay?"

"They are okay, they're kicking." He sighs and looks down at my belly, which was sticking out like mad. "Here, if you don't believe me I'll let you feel for yourself." I take his hand and put it on top of my bump. He gives me a weak smile as he feels a small kick.