Chapter 31

I woke up the next morning and changed into a pair of sweats and a tank top before putting my hair up in a messy bun. Today was the day I was going to be making a better decision for my life by ending the cycle of pain I was always in. I grabbed my phone and my bag after I put on a pair of flip flops and headed out to my car.

The whole drive to Alex's place, I practiced what I was going to say. I planned on staying calm and just talking to him and end everything as quick as possible. But when I pulled into his driveway I knew it wasn't going to go how I wanted it to. There was a lump in my throat and my stomach was in knots.

I finally got out of the car and walked into the house. I had texted Alex earlier saying that I was coming over to talk to him, so I just walked in without knocking.

"Alex?" I called out. He walked out of the kitchen into the hallway and smiled when he saw me.

"Hey beautiful" He said before kissing me quickly. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Can we go to the living room and talk?" I asked. He nodded and took my hand as he led me over to the couch.

"Before you start, I wanted to say something important" He said taking my other hand as well. I nodded for him to go on. He took a deep breath before continuing. "Rebecca I've loved you for so long and I honestly don't know what I would do without you. You're such a big part of my life and I wouldn't change that for the world" He let go of my hands and started to take something out of his pocket. Is he about to do what I think he is? He got down on one knee and opened a velvet box. Fuck! "Will you marry me?" He asked. I looked down at him with a shocked face. I could already feel the tears forming but they weren't happy tears. I stood there silently for a few seconds and I could tell he was getting nervous. "Babe?"

"Alex get up?" I whispered. He looked confused and scared as he stood up.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I looked down and sighed as I started to shake.

"I can't marry you if you keep lying to me" I whispered.

"What are you talking about?" He asked sounding scared. I looked up at him and noticed that he still had the ring out.

"Please just put the ring away" I said and he did before he sat down on the couch. "I know about you texting Tay"

"What?" He asked as he looked up at me. I could see that he was scared.

"I looked at your phone when you got a text from her yesterday morning" I answered. He went from looking scared to looking angry.

"You fucking looked through my phone?" He shouted. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"What the fuck do you expect me to do? You're always avoiding me and when we do hang out all we do is fuck. I saw you had gotten a text that morning and when I saw it was from her I got scared. Can you fucking blame me?" I asked shouting. He stood up from the couch and I could tell this was going to be a shouting match.

"You should've trusted me enough not to" He shouted back at me.

"Excuse me?" I asked feeling my face getting red from anger. "I've been trusting you for too long and look what fucking happened. You've been fucking Tay while you've been with me and you expect me to fucking trust you?"

"She was helping me look for a ring for you!" He shouted. I laughed bitterly at him.

"That's just great. The girl who you cheated on me with the first time was helping you pick out that ring? What so after you found the ring you kept sleeping with her? That excuse is bullshit! I saw all of the messages remember. There was more than one message from her saying that she needed you and that the night before was amazing. If you really were sleeping with her then just fucking tell me!"