Chapter 30

It had been a week since Anna and I had come home. Anna was loving her new job and I was happy for her but at the same time I was jealous. I needed a job badly. I was going crazy sitting in the house doing nothing but emailing photographers my resume to see if they would hire me. Every once in a while I would try and hang out with Alex but he would always say he was sick or visiting his parents. I was starting to get worried that something was up. Last night he was over and we went to take a picture together when he got a text from someone. I asked him who it was and he tried to play it off like it was nothing. I really hope I didn't make a mistake by taking him back.

When I woke up, I didn't feel Alex in the bed next to me. I turned and saw that his phone was on the nightstand. I never wanted to be the girlfriend that snooped through my boyfriends phone but I needed to find out if I was worrying about nothing. I grabbed his phone and unlocked it with the passcode. I started to think that nothing was wrong if he didn't change the passcode but what I found made me realize that he was just a dumb ass. He had been texting Tay for the past few months. The texts were basically asking to meet up and how much they enjoyed the previous nights. The last few of them were Alex telling her that I was home so it would be a while before they could meet up. She had convinced him about two nights ago to leave me in the middle of the night to go sleep with her.

I felt tears roll down my face as I put the phone back on the nightstand. I knew that this was all too good to be true. I should've known that he wouldn't have changed. I was more made at myself than I was at him right now. I got up from the bed and started to grab my stuff. I was putting on my pants when Alex walked into the room.

"Babe where are you going?" He asked sounding confused. I didn't look at him as I grabbed my shoes and bag.

"I'm going home" I whispered as I pushed past him.

"Why?" He asked following me down the stairs.

"I have to go see Lilo" I answered which really wasn't a lie. I was going to head there today anyway.

"Let me come with you then" He said grabbing my waist making me stop. I finally looked at him and wished I didn't. I looked into the eyes that always make my knees weak.

"Lex I just need to go to the barn and think okay? I don't bother you when you write so please don't bother me" I said before moving his arms from my waist as I walked out the door.

"Beck what the fuck is going on?" He asked following me to my car. I turned back to him and put on a fake smile.

"Nothing I'm just stressed because of this whole job thing okay?" He nodded but still didn't look convinced. "I'll come back later" I lied before getting in the car.

"I love you" I heard him shout as I drove out of the driveway.

"I wish I didn't love you" I whispered to myself as tears fell down my cheek.

--

I pulled into the driveway of my house and sat in my car starring at the steering wheel. Tears were falling down my face and I rested my forehead against the wheel as I began to sob quietly. How could I let this happen again? He cheated on my once what made me think that he wouldn't do it again?

I jumped as I heard my phone start to ring. I looked at the screen and saw that it was Alex making me send the call to voicemail. I figured it was time to get out of the car so I headed inside leaving my phone in the car. I was only going to be in the house for a short time in order to get ready to head to the barn.