chapter 6

HOTM Chapter 6

When I woke up I wasn't on top of Alex. I was under the blankets of my queen size bed. When I remembered what happened last night, I shut my eyes as tight as possible. I hated how I broke down in front of him. I hated how he touched my scars like he cared. He obviously didn't. If he did he wouldn't have left me after we hooked up. He wouldn't have left me when I fell asleep. I hated how through all of this I still loved him. 

"Beck?" I heard someone call my name from the door way. I turned to see Alex standing there with his hands in his pockets. I didn't answer him. I just turned around and waited for him to continue. "Are you okay?" He looked upset. 

"I'm fine" I answered before turning as I was laying on my back looking at the ceiling. I felt the side of my bed go down. 

"Can you look at me?" I didn't "Fine I'll ask you anyway, why would you do that to yourself?" He asked. I finally looked at him. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked. He wasn't looking at me. 

"Your scars" He said. I just looked at him "I've seen them before but you never told me what happened"

"It's not something I enjoy talking about Alex" I said looking back at the ceiling. 

"Why? What happened?" I felt his eyes on me. 

"I don't want to talk about it" I answered wiping a tear away. "Just please stop asking"

"Baby please I want to help you" He grabbed my hand which I ripped away from him. I got out of bed and faced him. 

"First off I'm not your fucking baby" I practically yelled at him "Second I don't fucking need your help. So please just drop it" I grabbed my cigarettes and lit one. I don't care if I was inside I needed one. Rian could yell at me later. 

"What the fuck is causing this?" he asked me standing up. 

"Nothing I just hate people asking me about my leg" I answered inhaling. 

"This is still about last night isn't it?" I said before putting my cigarette out in the glass of water that was on my nightstand. I walked past him and headed downstairs just as Jack was walking in the house. 

"You okay?" He asked when he saw me.

"I'm fine" I grabbed my sweatshirt and shoes before heading outside. Jack followed me to my car. 

"Where are you going?" He asked

"Somewhere so either get in the car or get out of my way" I answered. He got in my car and I pulled out of the driveway. 

I turned on my car when we got to the beach a few blocks away from my house. I lit another cigarette and waited for it. 

"What happened Becca?" There it was. I continued to look straight ahead while still smoking. 

"Alex pissed me off" I said exhaling the smoke. 

"How?" He asked turning so his whole body was facing me. 

"He brought up my leg" I answered. Jack knew about my leg. He was the only one who knew the reason why I did it. Rian didn't even know. "When I told him to drop it he didn't. He kept asking me why. What pissed me off the most was that he had called me baby. I'm not his fucking baby." I inhaled from my cigarette "When I told him to pretty much fuck off he brought up last night. He asked if that was why I was mad. I laughed at him and told him he was fucking hilarious and walked out of my room and found you and here we are" I finished talking and went back to smoking.