29. "I thought I was your one true love."

Start from the beginning

Kittykittykat:- hmm. we'll see. i'll decide after you feed me the icecream.

Nicholaaaaaaaaas:- Okay, don't be late babe.

Grinning slightly, I tucked my phone away. Now I had something to look forward to. Nicholas was right, I did need a break from these textbooks. Or not. I pulled the chemistry text into my lap and began to read it again, just in case I forgot anything. 

Ugh. These finals were going to be the death of me. 

-x-

"How is it?"

Nicholas and I were leaning against the hood of his car with ice cream cones in our hands. We came to the park, one of the best places to get ice-cream. Since Nicholas wasn't from my town, he had never been here before. To say he was surprised at how amazing he thought the ice-cream was, was an understatement. 

"It's so freaking good," he muttered as he ate his cone slowly, sheer pleasure morphing into his features as he ate the chocolate sauce on the vanilla. "Damn. I'm coming here more often."

I laughed, running my hand through my hair, looking at the other people in the park. The day was really nice, it was cool but sunny, so it seemed like the whole town had come out to the park. The line by the ice-cream van was long as heck, everybody wanted some of the deliciousness. Kids were blowing bubbles, dogs were running around joyfully, moms were gossiping by the benches... I grinned at how happy everybody seemed.

"What are you so smiley about?" Nicholas questioned. I licked my ice-cream before smiling up at him. "I love how happy everybody is. It makes me happy."

At this, a smile spread over his lips. "I'm happy too, because you're happy."

He was cheesy and adorable and I think he was becoming one of the closest guy friends I had ever made. I laughed as I laid my head on his shoulder. "You're so cheesy, Nick."

"Don't," he growled playfully. "Call. Me. Nick."

"Okay, Nickypoo," I replied and he groaned. "Stahp."

I finished eating my ice-cream and was completely disappointed when I realized that it was over. I frowned as I swallowed the last bit of the cone, sudden depression engulfing me. I WANT MORE ICE-CREAM. Nicholas was still eating his, and gosh, was he a slow-eater or what?

"Nicholas," I said, my tone suspiciously too smooth. "What's that in the sky?"

He frowned, looking up. "Where?"

As fast as I could, I leaned over and took a bite of his ice-cream and he yanked it away when he realized what was happening. "Cheater!" he scowled. "That's so unfair!"

"I can't believe you fell for that," I giggled. "Gosh, you're such a loser."

He rolled his eyes. "Screw yourself."

I giggled again but leaned into his shoulder. "People are gonna get the wrong idea," I laughed as Nicholas' other arm wrapped around my shoulders. "We're acting like such a couple."

"Don't pretend like you don't like it," he smirked and I rolled my eyes. "Jerk."

"Well okay, Kit, I have something that I've been meaning to ask you," he said, dropping his hand from my shoulders and turning to face me. I sighed internally. Please don't ask me out, please don't ask me out. I don't want to lose you as a friend-

"There's this chick that I really like," he began, staring at his shoes. "She's funny, gorgeous, smart... When I'm around her, I feel like I can breathe again."

I bit my lip, tentatively. 

"I want to ask her out, I want to be more than just friends with her. But I have no idea how to. I don't want to scare her away so I need your advice. I've known her for six years now."

At this, I relaxed, a grin breaking over my features. So it wasn't me. Feeling a little foolish, I laughed and nudged him playfully. "Ooh, Nickypoo has a crushy, does he?"

"Shut up," his cheeks went pink as he rolled his eyes. "I'm serious. Her name's Tasha. You should meet her, I'm sure you'll get along. I need your advice on how to approach her. I casually flirt about and she responds pretty fine, but I need her to know that I'm serious."

"Well," I said, biting my lip. "I think the first thing is to stop flirting around. Earn her trust. Get her to understand that you only flirt with her. And then, make her understand that you want her. Talk to her a lot. Understand her. Accept her. She'll be falling for you in no-time, that is if she doesn't like you already."

"Whoah," he muttered looking at me in awe. "Since when were you such a love expert?"

This shocked me. He was right. Since when was I such a love expert? I bit my lip, surprised at the advice I had just given him. I sounded almost like... Cage. The advice I had given him sounded so much like the advice Cupid would give to his fans on his Instagram.

Slightly wide-eyed, I just shrugged at his question, looking away.

I really liked Cage, didn't I? I don't want to lose him. I better go fix things.

-x-

A/N:- this is for anyone who got offended at the USC part, i'm sorry xD I have NOTHING against USC. It's just for the plot. ANYWAY. I have some news for you all! Me and this awesomesauce chick @wrongbandniall have opened a collab account where we'll be writing stories together and posting them! I'd LOVE it if you gave us a follow. it would mean  a LOT. The account is called @defenstration lol. I love you guys! Thank you so much for sticking with me <3