"You tell Axl, and I'll have your balls on a silver platter." Ana threatens.

Steven looks between the two of us once more. "I'm not sayin' anything. But he's bound to find out sometime."

Steven tosses the panties at me and I catch them. "I'll let you two love birds talk about this then." he says, and he walks out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

Anastasia stares at me with her blue eyes burrowing through me and her arms crossed. She doesn't say anything, and that scares me. The only time I've seen her so angry is when she's fighting with Axl.

I approach her slowly and she doesn't move. "How can someone so beautiful be so angry?" I question, wrapping my arms around her neck.

I lean down and grab her chin, leaning it up to meet my lips. Her angry facade cracks in an instant, and I can feel her smile against my kiss.

"Axl's at the studio finalizing things for tonight." she says, gazing up at me. 

Weird. That tape had to be handed in to Geffen weeks ago. Whatever he was doing in the studio now had nothing to do with tonight.

But I bite my tongue. 

I can't take my eyes off of her. 

The way the dress hugs her curves. The mesh up the leg, revealing her toned thighs and stomach continuing up between her chest, leaving very little to the imagination. Her hair was down and curled into perfect ringlets and her lips were painted a bright red-just begging me to kiss them over and over again.

"What are you doing?" she asks me.

"Admiring how fucking hot you are." I say.

She playfully slaps me on the chest. "You're fucking gross, you know that?" she says, but I know she's only kidding.

"We're leaving soon you know." I tell her.

"I know." she answers plainly. "Are you nervous?"

"Maybe a little bit." I answer honestly with a smile.

"It's gonna be a long night." she says, twirling a strand of hair around her finger.

"Can't be too bad as long as I get to look at you all night." And with that, she leans up and kisses me on the cheek.

"Sure you don't want to tell Axl to fuck off? I'd look so much better with you hanging on my arm. Look, we even match!" I try, and her smile changes to a frown.

"I wish." she says sadly. "He bought me this dress. Insisted he pay for it." she smooths it down carefully.

"About the only time he's ever done anything right." I mutter. "You deserve more."

Her smile returns, but I can see a tinge of sadness. "I love you, Duff." she says.

"I love you too, baby." I respond, and I watch her as she walks away.

Lord was she pretty.

__________________________________________________

Axl

I rang the doorbell, hoping and praying she'd be home.

I heard the deadbolt turn and the door handle shook.

"Axl?" she questions, and I don't give her time to say anything else. I sweep her off her feet and into a bone-crushing hug, running my fingers through her curly hair. 

My lips are suddenly on hers and we're making out. I missed her so much.

"I can't stay long, Erin. I gotta go to this album release party tonight." I tell her, and her smile is gone.