>Fourteen<

It is still in Enrique's P.O.V in case you were wondering

I slammed my fist into the glass window if the door,breaking it. The doctors scrambled,trying desperately to save her. I felt tears well up again. I couldn't lose her;not now!

"I've gotta pulse!" The woman shouted.The heart monitor picked up again and all the doctors sighed in relief. They huddled up,whispering quietly that each other whilst nodding and rubbing their tired eyes. Two women nurses entered into her room with a nightgown and some cleaning wipes for the blood. I was still outside until one of the nurses that held me opened the door.

"You can see her now." He said,nodding to me.

I jumped through the door,running to her side and taking her hand that was surprisingly warm in the cold hospital room. I kissed the back of her hand,my tears staining her soft skin. I had done his to her. I was a murderer who had fallen in love with an angel. I watched her face,wishing she would open her eyes. It would give me so much hope. What would she do when she found that Nina was dead?

Nina was like a mother to her,always making sure she was safe and well. How many nights would she spend crying herself to sleep in my arms. What if she wasn't in my arms? Would she leave when she found out everything that happened? I looked down at the wedding ring on her left hand that I was holding. We were husband and wife. She couldn't leave me...could she? I heard her faint breathing and knew that ever one of them was a gift to me. I almost lost her for the third time in four hours! Today was supposed to be the happiest day of our lives! We were supposed to have a kiss that surpassed all others in a good way! We were supposed to celebrate with friends and family while eating cake in the dining hall and later celebrate by making sweet sweet love to one another, but no. We were here. In a hospital.

Rage suddenly built within me. Whoever did this was going to pay and they would pay in blood. Whenever I find out who had this done I will personally handle it. I will make them suffer as much as I,Marcus,Sophia and all the others have. By the time that I get through with them...they'll be begging me to take their miserable lives,but I won't. I'll leave them to rot of infection for the rest of their days. No one messes with the Family.

I blinked my eyes,bring me to the present. I brought Blaire's hand up to my face,kissing it before resting her palm on my cheek. "I'll find them,Blaire. I promise you that whoever did this is going to pay. I will search the world,killing whoever I must! They will be brought to their knees before us." I whispered,setting her hand down and kissing her forehead. I would kill anyone for her. Leaving her room,I walked down the hall to find Marcus sitting outside the double doors,crying. "What's going on?"

"Is she healthy?" He asked.

"She's in a coma..."

"At least she's alive."

"I'm here for you,brother." I said,putting my hand on his shoulder.

"But she isn't. What's going to happen to Sophia? Will she ever remember her mother? At all?! This isn't how life was supposed to be,Enrique! You were supposed to be on your ho Edmonton right now and I'm supposed to be cuddling my girls on the couch,their heads on my shoulders. I'm supposed to be laying down in bed with my wife,the mother of my child,but instead I'm here;hiding out like a coward instead of facing my little girl and tellin her that her mother is dead."

"Marcus,listen to me. Nina wouldn't want us to sit around and mourn over her. What do you think she would say if sh e saw you like this?"

"She'd probably say, "Marcus Marco you get off your bum and go get our daughter" and then she would slap me" he chuckled.

I laughed along with him,helping him to his feet. "I'm here with you." I said,clasping his shoulder.

"I know. Thank you."

He exited the building and I was left alone once again. It was high time I want to bed myself.

Myself.

Alone.

With no one.

Without her.

How could I sleep tonight?

How could I move without her?

How could I even function?!

Leaving the hospital I made my way back to our room. God,every thought I had involves her. I never knew how much I thought about her. I never knew how much of an impact she had in my life before now.

How long would she stay asleep like this?

I refused to think of her never waking. She would come back to me soon.

In the main time I would focus on who had tried to murder her. Dialing the familiar number,I held my phone to my ear.

"Da?"

"I want you to find out who tried to murder my wife. I assume you've heard by now that Nina has died as well as twenty others. I want you to bring whoever did it to me."

"Dead or alive?"

"Alive. Barely."

Ooooohhhhh dang!
It's me again,my loves. I have bittersweet news for you😊

The bitter news is that this story is coming to an end,but the sweet news is that I have already started writing the squel😂

Yeah. I'm not finished with the first book,but I'm writing its sequel.

That's me for ya😉

I know that these last few chapters have ended with both seriously depressing cliffhangers,but never have I ever gotten so many comments on one chapter😂

Thank you for the votes and comments. It really encourages me😘