>One<

Blaire

I unlocked the double doors of my cafè,starting up the machines and getting ready for the day. Not long after my cook,Natasha,a strong well built Texan woman,came through the doors. Her dark skin,brown eyes and black hair would have any and every man weak at the knees.

"Mornin' BB"

"Good Morning,Tasha."

"Still missin' New York?"

"Not one bit." I laugh. That was our thing now. I moved from New York to Sweetwater to start my cafè around four years ago. I used to miss to deeply,along with my ex fiancè,but now I have no regrets.

Darren captured my heart and definatly my attention in high school. We'd been voted couple of the year in Jr. And Sr. Year so it wasn't a surprise when he proposed to me at my graduation party. I had said yes,of course,but all my dreams were shattered when I caught him in bed with one Susan Lawerance.

It wasn't like normal people's lives where they sleep with the hottest girl in school. In fact,Susan was anything but the hottest girl. Acne covered her face and she also had braces,but made sure she wore her contacts. It hurt that he cheated and never apologized.I broke off the engagement and have him back the ring. A few months later I saw a post on Susan's page in Instagram. It was of a ring...an engagment ring. It was the one Darren had proposed to me with. I had cried all night before slapping myself in the face..literally...and packed my things,moving to Sweetwater. So here I am now,running BB's Cafè which is as busy as ever. With people coming on Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner it was good business.

At first I sorta missed New York,but not anymore. I was fine right where I was now. A single 22 year old with big plans for her café. I had started it when I was 18 which was so hard to do,but thankfully my parents had set aside enough money to pay for it myself.

It was a lot of responsibility for an 18 year old,but I was ready for it. My parents died when I was 16 so I had to stay with my Aunt Melanie until I was 18. I was almost desperate to get out of that condo. Aunt Mel was literally a petty rich girl. She'd been that way as long as I could remember,but Mum was never like that.

Lost in my thoughts,I didn't realize the customer's making their way in for breakfast and coffee. I smiled and took out the menus,heading to table three. It was Mr. And Mrs. Johnson,a older couple that had been together since high school. Married for 63 years,David and Mary Johnson came to the café every morning for breakfast and every night for dinner,but lately they'd been missing out on breakfast so I was gkad to see they were alright.

"The usual for my favorite young couple?" I asked them,not bothering to hand out the menus since I knew the answer already. Mrs. Johnson chuckled and nodded her head.

"Tasha! The usual for Mr. and Mrs. Johnson."

"You got it!"

And that's when I saw him enter. He looked so good in his black tux. Armani,by the looks of it. He seemed so out of place here. He sat down in the furthest booth from the window and waited for a server. I walked over and handed him a menu,smiling at him.

"Hello,Sir. Welcome to BB's Café,I'm Blaire. Would you like a few minutes to decide what you would like?"

"No,but thanks. I'll have a regular coffee,loaded with cream and sugar." He answered,handing me the menu. And his voice. Oh,his voice. He had an accent that was clearly Italian. His voice was like rich dark chocolate oozing from the fountain of manliness. Oh,God I wanted to hear it for the rest of my life.

"Of course." I said,my voice becoming a quiet raspy sound. Ugh,what is wrong with me? This is one of my visiting customers! I walked over to the new coffee machine,making a fresh pot for him. Pouring it into a white mug and outing in creamer and sugar,putting my signature heart in the top.

"Here you go,Sir." I said,handing him the mug of  coffee,our fingers brushing slightly. I thought for a second a felt sparks flare up on my skin. I quickly walked away,shaking my head to clear it.

Get it together,Blaire

I went to serve my other customers,but couldn't help myself from watching him take his first sip from the corner of my eye. He seemed so calm and collected,but when he took a drink his eyes went wide and he looked at the mug in surprise,then to me. I smirked and went to carry the ticket to Natasha and checking out other customers so they could leave and go about their daily business.

It had been a full day of serving and taking orders from customers and a half a second lunch break,but what got me most was the man from this morning in the Armani suit. He never left the café. Not for one second.

I cut off the coffee machine and looked around. Natasha had left about half an out ago,leaving me with the hot stranger.

"I'm closing up,Sir. I'm afraid you'll have to leave. I'm sorry." I told him,grabbing my sweater and keys.

He nodded and grabbed his coat,putting it on and I couldn't help,but notice how his muscles flexed under his right white shirt. I cleared my throat and followed him out,locking both doors.

"Blaire?" He asked.

"Yes?"

"I'm Enrique."

"Nice to meet you,Enrique." I said.

"Who's café is it?"

I laughed. "Mine."He looked shocked at first,but quickly composed himself.

"You're BB?"

"Yes,Sir,I am."

"Not Sir. Just Enrique."

"Enrique." I confirmed.

"Yes."

"Where are you from,Enrique?"

"Italy. You?"

"New York."

"Then what in the world are you doing in Texas!?" He asked with mock surprise.

"I could ask you the same question." I laughed.

"Business. I'm working on expanding my company."

Figures. He was rich. "What company?"

"Ever heard of Damian and Son's?"

"Yeah that big ugly....tower in New York...yeah."

He raised his eyebrows,but continues. "I am son."

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Like death." He chuckled.

"My car is this way..." I said,pointing to the back parking area.

"Mine is over there." He said,pointing to the sleek convertible.

"Mhm." Awkward silence..... "I guess I'll see you...whenever."

"Tomorrow morning." He said. "I'll be there in the morning."

"Okay." I said.

And he was. In fact he was there every morning and night for an entire week,dressed down casual and not in a suit. He wore khakis with a t-shirt,no doubt he always looked amazing. I smiled every time he came in,greeting him with a hug as well. We had come close in a week. He was a good friend.

Friend Zoned!!!!!

Lol not much to say on this chapter,but thanks for reading👋🏻