>Thirteen<

Blaire
"Enrique" I whispered,falling into him. I was starting to feel a pain unlike any other in my abdomen. I was laying on the floor with Enrique leaning over me,stroking my cheek and whispering sweet things.

"Stay with me,baby. You'll be fine,okay." He smiled,but I could see in his eyes that he was afraid. I was going to die today.

"Rico?"

"Yes,baby?"

"Kiss me."

"What?"

"Kiss me,Enrique! I want to be married before I die."

"You-"

"Please." I whisper. I could see the tears start flowing down his face. He knew I was going to die too. He nodded and leaned in to kiss my almost frozen lips. He held so much passion in that one kiss that I could feel his tears on my cheek. I lifted my hand up to wipe away his tears as he was pulling back. "Don't be afraid,Enrique. I'll always be with you."

"No! You're going to be fine,Blaire."

"I love you." I said.

My world turned black.

Enrique
"Someone help her, God dammit! HELP!" I shouted to some of my men.

"You have to stay behind,Enrique." Adam shouted over the women. I had never seen him look so worried for anyone other than himself. He took an unconscious Blaire in his arms,heading for the Hospital wing.

"I can't! I have to be with her!"

Marcus came running up to us,frantically panting. "Someone! Help! I can't find Nina!"

I looked around and everything came crashing down on me at what I saw. Bodies littered the floor and I could see Marcus scanning them as well when his eyes landed on a pile of white wooden chairs where a small hand was barely visible.

"NINA!!" He shouted,rushing to the pile. He flipped over mounds of chairs and ribbons to find her,a bullet in the back of her head and splinters of a chair through her chest. I cringed at the sight of her. She had blood on her chest from the chair leg and on her head from the bullet wound. Her eyes were frozen wide with death as I crouched down to comfort my brother. He cried out over his wife,cradling her body in his lap. His tears fell onto her face as he kissed her pale lips.

"Mommy!!" Sophia yelled. I stopped her before she could see her mother's appearance. I knew first hand that this image would haunt her if she ever saw it. I was her age when my mother was murdered and I had watched it happen. This would be almost as traumatic for her. She buried her small head into the crook of my neck,crying her heart out. She knew her mother was gone. I hadn't noticed that Adam had taken away Blaire to the Hospital wing. This made me rage inside. I was supposed to be with her! I needed to be next to Blaire.

My wife.

I called Phillip over,handing him Sophia. "Make sure she is safe. Either I or Marcus will come for her. I have to go see Blaire now!"

"Yes,boss."

"Unwle Wico?" Sophia asked.

"Yes,sweetie?"

"Is daddy okay?"

"He's just sad. I have to go see Aunt Blaire,okay?"

"Otay."

As soon as she said that I flew out of the room and down the hall. I was running so fast I couldn't think. Was she already dead? Did I miss saying goodbye to my love? No! Life wouldn't be that cruel. Would it? I crashed into the Hospital wing,but instead of everyone being frantic as I thought...everything was quiet. I looked around and called out to anyone when the nurse,Natasha,came rushing through the doors.

"You're going to wanna see this." She said,her thick Texas accent turning serious. She had worked for Blaire at the café since she first started. Nat was my eyes and ears in the café world. If there was ever a financial problem then I knew about it and helped the café survive.

"What is it?"

"It's Blaire."

"Where?"

"Room 1."

I burst through the double doors and into the first room where four doctors stood in awe,eyeing my wife.

"What's going on?!" I yelled.

One of them looked at me,taking off his gloves to approach me. "Mr. Marco. I am Doctor Vincent Stride,head of the wing."

"What's wrong with my wife?"

"Well,there is nothing wrong persay..."

I pushed past him to see Blaire laying on a hospital bed still in her wedding gown with her hands on her chest. Her dress Her been cut straight down the middle to reveal the bullet wound. Her stomach was still drenched in blood,but the doctors had a microscope above it.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Well,Sir,your wife's body...it's rejecting the bullet." Said a woman doctor.

"What does that mean?"

"Her body is pushing the bullet out of itself."

"So she will live?"

"We don't know"

"What do you mean you don't know."

"She is still bleeding and will continue to until the bullet is out of her. It depends on how long it takes for the bullet to be pushed out enough to where we can remove it ourselves." I sat in the corner as the doctors dabbed away blood from her smooth skin and waited for Blaire to push out the bullet. "I see it!" Dr. Stride shouted. I immediately stood up and looked over to see him looking through the magnifying glass to take out the bullet. The heart monitor started to slow down rapidly and the doctors set to work yet again. I was freaking out,watching them pump her chest while I could do nothing. I would just slow them down if I tried to intervene. "We're losing her!" One shouted. A nurse came up to me and started pushing me towards the door.

"Sir,you need to leave." He said.

"No!" I shouted,shoving him. "Blaire!" Five other male nurses came out,pinning me to the wall and shuffling me out all the while with me literally kicking and screaming. I ended up punching two of them in the face,but I stilled when I heard the monitor flat line.

"BLAIRE!!"

Omg the feels😭This was such a hard chapter to write for me!