Chapter 26 - Suprises

Riya's POV

As soon as I left Raj there open mouthed and shocked, I went back to our table and behaved like nothing out of order has happened.

Few moments later, Raj joins us still dazed and confused about what happened. He did tie his bow tie atlast. Which coincidentally or purposely matches my dress.

I rolled my eyes at that.

Khushi and Aarul both saw my reaction at seeing the color of his bow tie and muffled their giggles. But I let it go as I was still masking in my victory and grinning happily at which Khushi just gave me a odd look.

Finding a chance, she asked me," Why are you grinning so much? Not that I have problem with your grinning-"

"Plan accomplished. Details later." I just said that.

"No di. Tell me now. Later you'll get busy -" Khushi was saying but suddenly stopped and then continued,"I mean,ti- tired so will not be able to share then."

"Yeah. Then, I'll tell you tomorrow then." I said in my final tone.

At that time, the presenter gets back on the stage with a envelope in his hand.

"Good evening Ladies and gentlemen. I know you all are eager to know the results that I have in this envelope." The presenter said and was opening the envelope but stopped and continued,"but I won't tell the results now. As we have a suprise game planned  for you guys."

Hearing that, whispers started and the excitement to take part in this game can be felt too.

"I want 12 couples on stage please." The presenter requested.

At that, Aarul pushed papaji and mummyji towards it and Khushi pushed mom and dad.

I cheered for them.

After all settling , only 11 couples were only found and settled to play.

I heard some whispers from beside me. I saw both Aarul and khushi whispering to grandma. Her eyes found mine.

I stiffened seeing that. I know something was going to happen.

"Veer dear?" Grandma called.

"Yes grandma." Raj answered while his voice held a hint of suspicion under it.

"Why don't you play that game with Riya?"

"I don't think-"Raj tried to say.

"Grandma-"I tired to protest.

"C'mon. Don't be such a spoilt sport." Grandma interrupted Raj and I and insisted.

We both looked at each other and stood up.

"And we have our 12th couple." Presenter shouted.

We walked towards rest of the contestants and stood with them.

"We are about to start the game of Paper fold Dance! I hope you all know what this game is. Anyway I will explain it. I will place a paper on the ground and the couple are supposed to dance within that paper's diameter. As the music stops paper gets folded. If you step out of that paper's diameter while dancing, your disqualified. No cheating."

Soon papers, in the size of normal chart, were placed and we were directed towards one too.

We stood outside the paper's diameter.

Raj silently held his hand out to me and I looked at him.

He looked very much determined.

"Hey you guys. They have called us for playing and not for some silent movie show casting." A voice said.