Chapter 3 - Dinner

Riya's POV

After classes finished, I wished my friends goodbye and left for home.

While waiting for bus to arrive, I thought about the wonderful day I had, how exciting it was to meet my friends after so many days and how relaxed and easy I felt, leaving all anxieties about life...

I felt like a teenager again, being able to do whatever we like(ofcourse in limits;) ) without any care about the world. So good.

Ahhhhh.....I'm so tired. I thought to myself.

I greeted my mother as soon as I reached home and went to my room to rest for sometime.

A couple of hours later, I woke up and realized that its nearly dinner time and went to kitchen to help my mom with dinner.

Today's dinner menu was my favourite curry and rice. I was enjoying the delicious meal thoroughly(if you haven't guessed it till now then let me tell you a secret .... I Love Food ... very much :p ).

As we were having dinner, dad looks up and clears his throat as if he wants to announce something.

"I have invited my bestfriend and his family for dinner at the coming weekend." Dad said.

"Ohhh. So you mean Mr. Kapoor and his family?" Mom asked.

"Yes dear."

"That's wonderful. Its been so long since we have met them." Mom said.

"Yes, its been years." He says and turns his attention towards Khushi and me and says,"So Riya, help your mom with any work she tells you to. And you too Khushi."

He then turns towards the side where Harsh is seated and says,"Harsh, even you have to help out your mom and sisters."

"Yes dad." Khushi, Harsh and I said together.

After dinner, everyone leaves to their rooms to sleep. While Khushi and I walk towards our room, Khushi starts talking excitingly about the upcoming guests.

"Have you met them before di(sis)?" She asked.

"No I haven't. Let see what happens." I replied.

As I was trying to sleep, I remembered something that I forgot to tell about my family. (So silly of me.)

Well my family is a big family like really big family of 14 members to be exact.

First my grandmother, who likes to spend most of her time in temple or at home taking care of everyone. My grandmother had 4 kids i.e my father, my aunt and my 2 uncles.

My aunt is married and has 2 kids.

My father is obviously married and has 3 kids i.e me, Khushi and Harsh.

My first uncle is also married and has 3 kids.

My second uncle is also married and has 1 kid.

As for my grandfather, he is in heaven and watching over us all.

I know I have a big family. But a good one at that. And I love each one of them very much. I thought sleepily.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hieee guyzz...howz u all??
Did you like the chapter..??
If so, please comment, share and vote.

Love,
Sanchee.