Chapter 7 - A Day Before Weekend

Riya's POV

When I reached college that day, I looked for my friends in my class but I found D aka Danish chatting with his friends outside the class. He waves me and I waved him back. He tells something to his friends and leaves them to join me.

"Heyya Riya. How are you on this wonderful morning?" He asks cheerfully.

"Hie D. I'm good. What about you?" I asked.

"Me too." He answered.

"Hmmm."

"So Riya, what did you do in your summer holidays?" He asked while leaning towards me.

"Nothing much. Just helped my mom at home mostly and joined few classes." I said moving back immediately.

"What classes by the way?"

"I just took calligraphy classes, nothing serious."

"Good. I wanted to ask you something." He said nervously.

"Ask away D." I said noticing his nervous tone.

"I was wondering if you wanna go-" He was saying but got interrupted. Again.

He looked annoyed about it.

"Hieee Riya. What are you doing outside the classes?" Aisha said to me not noticing that Danish and I were talking.

She said that while coming towards me accompanied by Monika who saw how close Danish was standing to me. She must have noticed how uncomfortable I felt, so she moved and implanted herself between Danish and I. I gave her a 'thank-you' smile.

While this was going on Aisha was still talking a mile.

"-classes will start in 2 minutes. We have to hurry or we will late." Aisha said.

Aisha took my and Monika's hands, and dragged us to our seats in the classroom.

Aisha said," Riya, dont think that I didnt notice what went out there between the three of you." But she continues,"why didn't you move when you were feeling uncomfortable?"

"Ummm. I didn't want to hurt his feelings." I said.

"By the way what were you talking about?" She asked.

"He was about to ask me something. He looked nervous. I dont know about what though." I said.

"Why. You both were talking. Didnt he get a chance to ask you?" Monika asked.

"No. He was about to ask but you guys came." I said that while shrugging.

"Hmm." Both said while looking relieved. I'm not sure about what though.

Sometimes, I don't understand them at all. I thought with a mental shake of head.

Leaving that topic, I told them about my trip to my Aunt Lila's library.

Just then the lecturer enters the class to start the class. We continued our chat on paper.

*****(Conversation starts here.)*****

R : Yesterday I went to Aunt Lila's library to help her out.

A : She needed help for what?

R : You know. For sorting all the books. And other things too.

M said serious voice : What other things? Speak clearly Riya.

R replied fastly : imetaguywhocamelookingfrabookforhisbabysisternhewashandsome.

A : Riya speak slowly.

R : Yesterday, a guy came to library to buy a book...

M said impatiently : Obviously.

A : Riya, dont listen to her, just tell us what you are trying to tell clearly.

R : Yesterday a guy came to library to buy a book. I was busy sorting the books. Suddenly I heard him and turned around to ask him what he needes. As soon as I turned, I froze for a second. He was so handso-good looking that I couldn't help but check-observe him. My cheeks turned pink when I noticed he was also checki-observing me. I snapped out of it and asked him what he needed help with, making him snap too. He said he needed help to buy a book for his baby sis. I helped him. He introduced himself as Veer and I said my name. He left after thanking me for helping him.

Both A and M where listening to my story seriously.

A said : There's more right?

R answered while hesitating : Yeah. I dont know why but before he left he turned around and looked straight at me for sometime and then left. I felt wierd the whole time he was near me or when he looked at me or when he was talking to me. He was an intimidating man with a deep voice. Ahhh..even now as I'm talking to you about him, I'm having those weird feelings in my stomach. I'm so frustated and also excited. Its so confusing.

M : Hey hey hey Riya, it happens. Dont worry.

M gave A a look that clearly stated 'change-the-topic-now'.

A took the hint and asked R : Hey Riya, at what time the guests are coming tomorrow at your home?

R : Huh... guests are coming in the evening may be around 6. I don't know.

M : Okay. Is everything ready at home for the guests?

R : Yeah. Mom was dusting the house when I left today and was going to take out later the silverware for food.

A : Good. So have you decided what you are going to wear tomorrow to dinner?

R : No. Not yet. And dont even think about it Aisha. I will not let you choose the dress for me.

A pouted and said : You take out all fun Riya.

R said while grinning : You know I like to do that to you ;)

Both A and M released a sigh after they saw her grinning.

M : Yeah. We know that.

*****(Conversation ends here.)*****

After classes finished, I left for home.

As soon as I reached home, I told my mom that I was tired and went to rest for sometime.

A couple of hours later, I woke up at dinner time.

At dinner, my mom and dad were busy talking about the preparations that has yet to be done for tomorrow. Where as Khushi and Harsh were excitedly talking to each other about the Kapoor's.

I sat quietly listening to them all talk about tomorrow.

After we had dinner, mom called Khushi and I to kitchen, to help clean the dishes.

We divided the work among ourselves with mom cleaning the dishes, Khushi drying them and I was given the task to place them in their respective cupboards.

After all dishes were cleaned and dried, Khushi and I left kitchen to sleep.

As we were arranging the bed, Khushi asked,"Di, did you choose clothes for tomorrow?"

"No, I haven't." I answered.

"Good. I wanna choose the clothes for you tomorrow." She said in her 'no-arguments' tone.

"Okay. Anyway I wasn't even planning on choosing my dress. I know that in end either you or my friends will choose the dress for me. I'm happy with that. You know less work for me ;)" I said happily.

She giggled after she heard my answer and wished me goodnight.

I did the same.

Goodnight :)

------------------------------------------------------

Hey guyzz...

According to all the votes that I got, I choosed Sushant to play the role of Rajveer.

(Pic on left or up of Rajveer ;))

Thank u for all your votes and comments.

If you like my chapter plzzz Vote, Comment and Share my story.

Love,
Sanchee.