Chapter 25 - Kiss and Make Up

Magsimula sa umpisa

“How is she holding up, Keegan?”  Tanner asked with a tinge of concern and exhaustion.

“I don’t know for sure.  She hasn’t spoken to me for 2 fucking days and it is taking up all my patience not to wriggle it out from her.  Whatever the reason may be, I think that bastard may have something to do with it.  He may have fed her some bullshit ideas or she really is just traumatized by the ordeal.  Either way, as soon as I get my hands on him I will tear his heart out and feed it to him.”

Tanner patted Keegan’s shoulder.  “Just give her some time and she’ll pull through.  She is made up of stronger stuff than you think.”

Keegan nodded in approval.  “How are YOU holding up?  I heard from Queran that you may have met your mate.  I must say I am al little offended that you didn’t tell me first when I am your best friend.”

“There is nothing much to tell, alpha.  She keeps me at a distance that she never comes close enough for me to officially meet or talk to her.  I just feel her presence surrounding me at times and she protects me somehow.  That day of the attack when I ran to try and catch Vargas, I was struck a second time and I felt numb so I rode it out.  But before I fell unconscious, I felt her beside me and she stuck a pin on me that felt like an antidote coursed through my blood.  When I woke up, she was gone.  Hell, I can’t explain all of this but I think she is not just one of us but a supernatural being.  I thought maybe she has some compelling reason why she shies away from me and I am giving her the time and the space to accept and come into terms with our predetermined fate, but man it is so fucking hard to know she is near and I can’t even touch or see her.”

“Yeah.  That is pretty shitty.  It’ll come though.  She’ll come around.  Meanwhile, can you call and assemble the rest of the team in my office for a debriefing?  I can’t wrap my head at the fact that Emma is his mate and this son of a bitch has been right under our noses for several weeks and was undetected.  He freely roams around the territory without being scented.  I can’t let this happen again Tanner.  We should get our heads together and put this nightmare to an end.”

“Will do, alpha.  Now take your mate home and we’ll see you back at the lake house in a few.” 

Keegan gave him a tight smile and walked towards his aloof mate.

*****

“Mom, he found us.  He is not going to stop until he gets what he wants.  I tried to fight him but he drugged me.” Queran lamented.

“Hush, my child.  You are fully mated and claimed by an alpha no less.  He cannot do much about that.  He is delusional and crazy to think Keegan is someone he can overcome.  Have faith.”

Queran just rested her head on her mom’s shoulder and remained quiet.

“Now, what is this I heard from Keegan that you have not been speaking to him?  Did anything happen between you two?”  Meg inquired.

Queran stiffened at the query and released a frustrated sigh.  “He was with Emma before he met me, mom.  She was Carter’s mate and he rejected her because Keegan.. was..her first.  Carter felt robbed and so he wanted to take revenge on Keegan.”

“Oh!  That’s er, a little twisted if you ask me.  Of all the she-wolves in the world, he found his mate from Crimson Hollow.  Bizarre indeed if you ask me.  But that is no reason for you not to speak to your mate and continue giving him the cold shoulder.  Emma was part of his past, nothing more.  You are his present and his future.  You have got to believe that she did not mean anything to him.”