HOO Fanfiction The Final Battle

So this is my second Wattpad entry. I am a HUGE fan of the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series', and (as I'm sure everyone is) I'm always wondering about who's gonna close the doors and which camp will win the final battle D':

Anyways thanks for reading! If you can, please leave a comment because the only real reason I'm doing this is so I can improve my writing. Oh, and also to give you a huge bucket of feels >:D

ALL RIGHTS GO TO RICK RIORDAN, I OWN NO CHARACTERS OR ANYTHING!

Enjoy!

Percy-

I had my hand wrapped firmly around Annabeth's waist, and she leaned her full weight on me. When we'd first started out, she'd tried so hard to walk alone and not put her weight on me, but after that run in with the Hydra... Let's just say I don't know if even Leo could fix her ankle anymore. We ran out of Ambrosia about a week ago and to be honest, I'm starting to wonder how in Hades we're still alive.

It was completely pitch black down in Tartarus, and I think it's safe to say me and Annabeth could probably manage pretty well if we were blind; we'd had plenty of practise. We were getting about two monsters a day now, which is a lot better than when we started out - we used to get maybe five in one day then. But that only worried me, because it felt like a big climax was building up. The thought sent tingles up my spine, and I shivered.

"Percy, I need to stop for a second." Annabeth whispered.

I gently lowered her to the ground and sat down next to her. She rested her head against my shoulder while we caught our breath. It must be so hard for Annabeth right now. I mean, we walking maybe ten miles a day, and my feet were killing me, let alone hers.

"I'm sorry, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth said miserably. She said this every day as if it was her fault she couldn't walk.

"Oh shut up, Wise Girl, you know I don't mind. Besides, I like having you close to me all the time. It makes me feel safer."

"Well, it's not like I'm much help anymore. For the past three days I haven't fought a single monster. I don't know why you don't just leave me behind."

I felt a pang at the sadness in her voice, the guilt. "Annabeth," I said sternly, "Stop thinking like that right now! I'm fine at fighting alone, anyway, and if I didn't have you I'd have no idea how to kill anything in the first place! I need you, Wise Girl."

Her hand reached out and gripped mine tightly, and no words needed to be spoken for us to both understand. We needed eachother.

After a few minutes, I sighed. "I suppose we'd better get going again."

"Yeah I guess-" Annabeth's voice cut off and she sucked in a breath.

I immediately stood up, ignoring my aching muscles, and listened intently.

There was a heavy panting noise coming from about five metres away. After I listened further, I realised it was two people panting... Or rather two somethings panting. I quickly drew Riptide and positioned myself in front of Annabeth. The light that Riptide gave off helped me to see better; two dogs - two MASSIVE dogs. Looking closer, I saw they were joined at the neck, and shared one body. They had a serpent's tail.

"What is it?" I asked Annabeth sharply. It was staring at me, drool dripping off its chins as it continued panting. I wondered if I tasted good.

"It's Orthrus," Annabeth whispered, "It gurded Geryon's herd of red cattle, and Heracles killed it so he could take them."

"The guard dog of the Holy cows?"

"Yes. Heracles killed it with his club... So I think you can just stab it?" Annabeth's doubt did not help settle my nerves.

I continued to stare at Orthrus, but he made no move. So I chose to attack him instead.

"CHARGE!" I shouted. I always did, because it made me feel braver.

It finally moved, trying to crush me underneath it. I dodged out the way, analysing how best to get at it. It spinned to face me, and I decided the best thing to do would be to lead it away from Annabeth.

This time when it leaped at me, I had a clear vision of it's under-belly. In a split second I decided the best thing to do would be to just go for it. So I stuck my sword straight up in the air and braced myself. I counted my frantic heart beats. One. Two. Three. And it was on me.

I collapsed onto the floor as the thing writhed on me, trying to get off me. The weight was like having a fridge thrown on me, a warm, heaving fridge. tI lifted off one side and I rolled out from underneath its belly. I quickly stood up and watched, alert to anything that could happen. It continued to twist painfully on the floor, which gave me hope that maybe Riptide had sliced far in enough.

Suddenly, it seemed to get a grip, and slowly raised itself to a crouch. It turned to face me, and its movements were very laboured. What's happening?

Peering down, I could see the hilt of Riptide sticking out from under its ribs, and breathed a sigh of relief. It must be just about to die, surely? I reached forward to quickly yank Riptide out, so I could deliver the final blow, when it suddenly heaved a huge breath through both gaping jaws, and stretched a paw towards me.

Hey guys, thank for reading :) So if you could let me know whether you liked it or not in the comments, I might carry on with this? I don't wanna write the whole thing if no one wants it so, y'know, let me know :) Also, any advice would be fantabulous 'cause I'm really trying to improve my skillz :D

Again, ALL RIGHTS GO TO RICK RIORDAN!