3. PLAN

RUVÉE DIDN'T CARE AT ALL whether or not I was comfortable with her decision when she decided to make sure to leave Travis and I alone in the same room, unsupervised. She said that the two of us should work out our differences before actually getting to work because holding personal feelings will be even more difficult in getting the job done.

There was no way I could go against the order of my boss so I did stay but at least Travis could've left with them, having to see that he's the client and not me. But instead, he sat down right after shaking hands with Ruvée, Alex, and the other agents.

I tried to get Alex to stay but he just shrugged, giving me a kiss on the cheek before leaving. That action was intentional, making sure that I'd be in question by Travis about that.

Fuck.

"So, who's Gabriel?" His brow was raised, hands playing with the folder in front of him.

He must think he's crazy if he's ever going to make me talk about my life to him ever again.

I chuckled humorlessly, shaking my head. He merely stared at me, his eyes in recognition that I wasn't the same as he left. "This is not happening. My boss wants us to set aside our differences for this job. Okay, I'll make sure there will be no fighting in my part just as long as you agree to never question anything about my life because this, Mr. Mason, is work and this is how I do it. Without getting personal to the clients, it'll be easier to finish and we can all put this behind. So, tomorrow night at eight-thirty in the evening, I will meet you at Pino's, I'll make a reservation under your name, we'll have the table by the window, be sure to be earlier than I am. Other agents will be there to pick you up, is this understood?"

Still silent, he nodded.

"Good," I stood up, taking the folder I was given. "Make sure to leave where you came from, your bodyguards will be standing by the other side and will take you back where you should be right now. Continue as if you've never been here. Goodbye, Mr. Mason."

Never looking back, I walked out of the room, making sure to shut the door quickly so that no other agents could see who was inside.

Alex was sitting at my chair when I came inside my office. I flipped him off and he laughed. "That took shorter than I thought. Did you hurt him again? Because if you did, my mom, our boss, would definitely not be happy."

"Unfortunately, no," I answered. "I just talked about how we shouldn't try and be friends. I'm an agent and this is a job—one I'd like to finally close by putting a bullet in between Stein's eyes."

"So did he ask about Gabriel?" My blank look that I gave him was enough answer. "And you decided to unleash the coldness of Agent Alexander, huh?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "I don't even know what I was thinking—immediately talking about Gabriel like that. Sure, each one inside the room except for Travis and his bodyguards knew that I have a son and I have nothing to worry but I'd rather have Travis not wonder who he is and that was extremely unprofessional."

Alex shrugged, waving dismissively about it like I had nothing to worry about. "I talked to mom right after we left you guys inside. She said that since you will be exposed and paparazzi will try to go after your family too, Gabriel could stay with Ruvée for the meantime, and as for your brother, his wife, and her sister, she said that you should talk to them and if they don't want to go through the risks, tell them that they'll have to consume different identities for a while, live out of town too."