Chapter 17

I woke up the next morning and went to take a shower.  When I got out, I got dressed and went to do some pack work because Matthew was still sleeping.

After doing an hour of work, I decided to go for a walk.  I ended up at my parents' house, so I decided to go and see them. About half a minute after knocking, my mom opened it.

The first thing she said was, "Did you and Matthew-"

"Yes." I cut her off, not wanting to hear her say that, "I was in heat."

"So why are you here?" She asked, "Shouldn't you be making sure you're not pregnant?"

"You're just like Cheyenne." I said, rolling my eyes, "I came here to see how you were dong."

She looked down slightly, "We were just cleaning her room out."

"Can I help?" I asked, knowing there would be things I would want to keep from when we were younger.

She nodded, moving back to let me in.  I slowly went upstairs to her room.  There were a few boxes sitting on the bed.  The room was mostly cleaned out already, but I saw a few things I could look through.

I picked up the last dusty box from the closet and opened it.  Everything inside was stuff I gave her for Christmas and her birthday.  I was going to keep everything I found, but I froze when I got to the bottom.

She was always the best artist.  I thought.

*Flashback, nine years old*

"Come in here, Cat!" Cheyenne called excitedly.

I ran to her room, "What is it, Chey?"

She had her art set n front of her on the floor, "Shift to your cat form, I want to draw you." she ordered.

I always liked seeing her drawings, so I did as she said.  I sat beside the paper she was using and did my best to sit still.  I suddenly got an itch behind my ear and started scratching it.

"Stay still." Cheyenne complained.

I let out a meow of laughter and got back into position.  After about ten minutes, she finished and turned the paper to face me.  If I hadn't seen her draw it, I would've thought it was taken with a camera.

*Flashback over*

A few days after she drew it, we got our mom to frame it.  I held it to my heart then put it back in the box with everything else.  I picked the box up and went downstairs to bring it home.

Home.  I thought.  A few weeks ago, I didn't think I'd ever call it that.

Once I made it home, I took the picture out and put it on the wall where everyone who came here would see it.

"Where'd you get that?" I jumped as Matthew came up behind me.

"Chey drew it," I murmured, "seven years ago."

He wrapped his arms around me and I lightly leaned back on him, "I'm sorry about Cheyenne." he said, "I shouldn't have gotten her to fight."

I looked down for a few moments, "It's okay."

A/N

I'm starting to run out of ideas for this book, so I might end it after a few more chapters.