Chapter 4

Before I could try to stop her, a brown wolf knocked her off of Matthew.  I run outside before he bites down on her neck.

"Stop!" I shout.

He looked at me and immediately got off her and dipped his head, "Luna."

Matthew got up and held a scratch on his arm, "Take her to the dungeon!" he gave the order to the wolf who I'm guessing is his beta.

The wolf changed back to human form and I ran in front of him as he walks over to Cheyenne, "No, please." I looked at Matthew, "It's my fault, I ran away, I showed her what you did.  If you're have to do something, do it to me."

He growled, "Fine." then he added to Cheyenne, "Just this time."

"You don't have to do this." Cheyenne mind-linked me.  Most of the time we couldn't mind-link because I'm not a werewolf, but occasionally I could hear her.

"It's okay, " I reply, "just don't get in any more trouble with the alpha."

"Patrick," He commanded the man in front of me, "take her to my house and do anything you have to, to make sure she can't go anywhere."

He put me in his car without questioning Matthew, but I can tell he was wondering why he had to treat me like a prisoner.  He drove me to Matthew's house and brought me up to the bedroom.  He held my wrist tight so I couldn't get away, I could tell he was mind-linking Matthew.  Then he grabbed some rope and tied my arms to the armrests of a chair.

"Why is he making me do this?" He asked me, "You're his Luna."

If this was just some random person, I would've said something mean, but I knew he was just taking orders, "He hates me." I looked down at my knees.

"Why?"

"I'm not a werewolf."

"We can get out of here," My cat tells me, "just let me take over."

"Then we'll be in even more trouble," I point out, "who knows what he's going to do to us now?"

"I used to do this to my mate." He tells me, which causes me to hiss.

"Nobody should be treated like this." I tried to say that calmly but it didn't work.

"I know, and I realised that when she tried killing herself," He continued, "my wolf got so upset seeing her in the hospital after trying to jump off a bridge, and I realised how much I loved her and how lucky I was to have her."

I up at him and hissed, "Are you saying I should try to kill myself?"

"Not at all." He answered quickly, "I'm just saying there's a chance you can change him."

A tear dripped down my face, "I shouldn't have to."

I hear the front door open, "Mate." my cat meows.

"He's here." I whisper to Patrick.

He quickly goes downstairs to meet Matthew before he got up here.  About two minutes later, Matthew came in the room.  He walked over to me and knowing how vulnerable I was, I got really scared.

He lifted me head up to look at him, "Why did you leave?"

I was about to say something really mean when I realised he sounded... upset?  I started crying, "The way you were treating me." I sniffled, "I-I needed some time."

Then I realised his eyes were black, not their normal grey colour.  This was his wolf, "I'm sorry for what we've been doing to you." his wolf said, "He doesn't let me take over because he knows I'll do this, but I'm sorry for what he might do."

Then his eyes turn grey again and I felt his hands on my neck.  I started choking, but I could breathe just enough that I wouldn't pass out.

"Don't run away from me ever again!" he growled.

"I'm sorry." I coughed.

He loosened his grip on my neck, "You better be."

He untied me and threw me on the bed.  He got in beside me and put his arm over me, not in love, but just so he would know if I tried to leave again.