Chapter 7

"You tried to kill him?" I gasped.

"Why wouldn't I?" He snapped, "You're my mate, not his!"

"She is not you're mate!" Cheyenne growled.

There was a sudden growl behind me and a wolf came racing down the road.  I recognised the scent right away, "Mate!" my cat squeaked.  He pounced on David and pinned him to the ground.  Patrick was close behind in his human form.

There was fear in David's eyes, but he refused to let it show, "Catherine is mine!  Nobody else can have her!"

Matthew growled even louder and sunk his teeth into David's shoulder.  David howled in pain while Patrick tried to pull Matthew off of him.  David quickly got up and tried to run away, but I grabbed his arm to stop him.  He turned around and slapped me.

"Let me go!" He growled.

I lost my grip on his arm and fell on the ground, but Cheyenne grabbed him and held his hands behind his back.  He was quick to kick her in the shin and run away once she lost her grip.  I wanted to chase him, but I knew he was too far away for me to be able to catch him.

"Coward!" I shouted, getting up off the ground.

He stopped and looked back at me, "Calling me names is only adding to your punishment, mate!" then he kept running.

"I'm not your mate." I muttered.

Suddenly I started getting dizzy and as I fell back on the ground, everything went dark.

* * *

I woke up in my bed with Cheyenne sitting beside me, "What ha-happened?" I stuttered.

She looked at me, "We think David dosed you with something, but it took longer than usual to affect you."

I put a hand on my forehead, "My head hurts." I muttered.

"It will go away soon." She promised as she got up to leave.

"Where's Matthew?" I asked before she made it out of the room.

"Why do you care about him?" She muttered.

"He might have hurt me, but he's still my mate and the pack's alpha." I hissed as I sat up.

She looked shocked at my tone, "He went back to his house."

"He's so caring when something happens to us." My cat said sarcastically, then added, "I bet he wouldn't even notice if we left the pack."

Cheyenne suddenly stopped and told me, "Mom thinks you should leave the pack for a while."

My eyes widened, "Why?  Does she hate me now too?"

"It's not like that." She assured me, "She's afraid what David might do if he catches you again.  She thinks you'd be better off staying at another pack until we catch him."

"I can take care of myself!" I snapped.

"Fine, get yourself kidnapped again and probably tortured." She growled.

I watched as she left.  Maybe she's right.  I looked out the window at the setting sun, "We're leaving the pack," I told my cat, "but we're not going where our mom wants us to go.  We're running away and becoming rogues."