Chapter 16

Making sure Matthew stayed away from me for the last few days gave me some time to think about what happened.  I realized it wasn't fully his fault.  If I hadn't told him about what happened, he wouldn't have gotten Patrick to get Ryan.

It was mostly my fault.

I was staring out the bedroom window into the sunlight when I felt arms wrap around me from behind.

"It wasn't your fault, baby." He murmured, "I shouldn't have let her out just to fight a few wolves."

I suddenly forgot all about what happened.  I felt myself heat up and my stomach started hurting really badly.  The places on my hips where Matthew's hands were, were the a little cooler than everywhere else.

"I'll be right back." I groaned, quickly going downstairs to the kitchen.

I grabbed two painkillers and some water to get them down.  Just after I swallowed them, Matthew came down and wrapped his arms around me again.  He lightly pushed me against the wall and started kissing my neck.  I surprised myself by wanting more.

"What's happening?" I whimpered.

He moved his hands down my back as he stood straight up, "Didn't your mom ever teach you about this?"

"About what?" I asked.

He was a little hesitant to tell me, "You're in heat."

Then I remembered my mom telling Cheyenne about this when we were twelve.  She didn't tell me as much as she told Cheyenne because she thought I wouldn't go in heat since I wasn't a "normal" werewolf.  She thought I wouldn't even have a mate.

I might not have known much about heat, but I knew the only way to fully get rid of the pain and the burning was for Matthew and I to complete the mating process.

"It will go away after a few days if you're not ready," He explained, reading my thoughts again, "but it will come back in a month or so."

"I-I don't know if I'm ready," I whispered, "but I don't think I can take this for a few days."

He picked me up and carried me back to the bedroom and put me on the bed, "Tell me when you want me to stop." he said, crawling on top of me.

He slowly took my shirt and bra off, stopping after almost every movement to make sure it was okay with me.  He started kissing my neck, then started moving down my chest.  Then he started lightly sucking.

"Matthew..." I moaned.

I was going to tell him to stop, but I wanted more so I stopped fighting it.

He stopped, for once not reading my mind, "Do you want me to stop?"

"No." I murmured, "I'm ready."

Then we completed the mating process.

(I don't really like writing that stuff so you can use your imagination.)

* * *

I woke up about four hours later.  It was a relief to not have the burning and the pain in my stomach anymore.  I looked over and saw that Matthew was watching me sleep.

"Creep." I muttered, jokingly.

"But you're adorable when you're asleep." He defended himself, smiling.

I playfully growled and kissed his cheek.

He moved a strand of hair off my face, "I love you."

"I love you too." I said without hesitation.