Chapter 3

I woke up as my cat gasped in pain, which I kind of felt too.  I looked around to see that I was upside down and that Matthew was holding me by my tail.

"Change back to human form!" He ordered.

I did as I was told and quickly covered myself knowing I was naked.  I grabbed my clothes, which were right beside me, and put them on.

He pinned me to the wall, "Don't ever go into cat form again, understand?"

"Sorry." My cat murmured, "I shouldn't have taken over."

"It's okay, I was the one who did it." I told her.

I felt a pain on my cheek again as he punched me, "I asked you a question!"

I nodded and he released his grip on me.

"It's bad enough my mate isn't a werewolf, then she changes into her cat form." I don't think I was supposed to hear him mutter that.

I slowly looked up at him, "Why do you hate me?" he glared at me but before he could say anything, I said, "I know I'm a werecat and you don't like that, but I'm your mate and you shouldn't care what's wrong with me."

"I will never call you my mate!"

My cat whimpered at that comment, "Then why did you bring me here?" I asked.

"My wolf will get restless without you."

I wanted him to see past me not being a werewolf, I wanted him to love me.  I breathed in his scent and then looked at him, "Please." I murmured, "Please just ignore the fact that I'm not a werewolf. Don't judge me for what someone did to me when I was younger."

He growled and went to the kitchen, "At least he didn't hurt us." my cat sounded hopeful.

"We need to go home," I told her, "at least for a little while."

"He won't let us leave." She reminded me.

I hated the thought of what he would do to us but it was the only way, "We will have to escape and get as fast as possible."

* * *

Once I was sure Matthew was asleep, I crept to the front door and quietly opened it.  I closed it behind me and started running in the direction of my house.  I stopped after a few minutes panting.

"I can take over from here." My cat said.

I hid in an alley so my clothes wouldn't be visible when I changed form.  I let my cat take over and once we shifted, we were already running as fast as possible.  After about five minutes of running, my house comes into view.  My cat slowed down at the front door and, instead of shifting back right away, she jumps in an open window and goes upstairs.  I quickly took over and shifted back.  I grabbed some clothes out of my closet and went downstairs to see if anybody was there because they usually stayed up late.

"Cat!"

I turned to see Cheyenne there, "Cheyenne!" I ran up to her and hugged her.

With all the noise, my mom and dad come out of the living room, "Didn't you move in with your mate?" my mom asks.

"Not exactly." I muttered.

My dad could see the pain in my eyes, "What's wrong?"

It was dark in the hallway so they couldn't see the marks on my face.  I didn't feel like hiding anything from them so I turned on a light so they could see easier.  Everyone gasped but nobody said anything, I guessed they were trying to process this.

"And when I was in cat form, he picked me up by my tail." I was trying not to cry.

Cheyenne hugged me so tight I could barely breathe, "I'm going to rip his throat out!" she shouted, hurting my ear.

My cat hissed at the threat directed to her mate.  Then there was a knock at the door.

"Mate!" My cat whispers, like he could hear her.

Cheyenne opened the door and growled when she saw Matthew there.  She changed into her wolf form, shredding her clothes in the process.  Before he could do anything, she pounced.

"No!" My cat wailed, "Stop her!"