Chapter 19

Atem gulped. He looked upon a person holding the blade. It was an iron-clad knight, one similar to the ones he fought with earlier. He glared at them, mentally searching for his sword.

''Get up," the knight said. He was still standing above him, yet the words weren't directed at him. Atem looked towards the Priesstess. Kisara was held by another knight, his armour glowing red in the dim light, with her arms behind her back, and mouth covered by an armored hand. The knight was ready to slit her throat, or so Atem thought.

The Priestess nodded and slowly rose.

''We have Dragon Priestess, let's go to the King," the knight said, jerking Kisara up. ''Kill him."

Atem felt the pressure on his throat decreasing. He jumped back, before the human could react, and kicked his shin. He stood up and hit his hand with his palm and the sword clattered on the floor. Atem snatched it away and reversed their roles.

The bloodpressure hit his head, and Atem staggered. He breathed in and out, trying to clear his mind. The second knight, which Atem forgot for a while, was already running up to him.

''No!" Kisara shouted. ''He's my bodyguard! He has to go with me," she declared. Atem saw her clenched fists. He tightened his grip on the sword and drove the hilt deeper under the helmet, yet still not enough to cut through the skin. ''If you kill him, I'll kill myself."

At her last words, the Red Knight, dropped his sword. Atem could hear him cursing under the helmet. He decided to do the same, and soon they all stood firm, still alarmed, ready to take an action.

Atem understood whom they wanted. The Mt. Tap Turpu had only a few other priestesses, it was reasonable for them to take them all. He wasn't sure, why Kisara wanted to keep him alive. He didn't want to keep himself alive, much less a Priestess, he had a little connection to. And to lie on the top of that.

The Red Knight, since they agreed to go, put a handcuffs on their wirsts. Atem didn't even try to break them. He knew humans wouldn't put on a normal handcuffs, he just wondered how long they'll have to wear them.

They followed the knight through the corridors. Now they weren't illuminated by the pure light, they were dark and filled with smoke, hitting their nostrils hard. Atem noticed that he couldn't smell things so well as he used to. Afterall, he was no longer a dragon, not even a half. A human. Just a weak human, so easily crushed. If he whished to be optimistic, he'd say that at least he had his sword by his side. But the knight, that guarded their backs, took it from him. Atem doubted that he would get Osiris back soon.

They were led to the main Temple and through the terrace, into a library. Grand Library, Yugi liked to spend time within it, now at least wasn't in flames, like some other buildings he saw. They walked through the marble floor, in complete silence, only the sound of their steps resonated through the space. Atem looked up. The Grand Library was truly a magnificent place. _____ would be amazed by the greatness of the place. He felt a sting of pain in his chest, and waved the thoughts away. He focused on his steps.

They were brought to the smaller room, filled with books. In the centre of the room, stood a man, with his silver hair flowing down his back. His silver armour was splashed with blood of the dragons, as well as his deep red cape. He was tapping his fingers on the table, covered with various maps.

He turned his gaze to the newcomers.

''My King," the knights kneeled. Atem and Kisara stood still.

''Finnaly," the King spat. He glared at his subjects in silent fury. He looked over the Priestess and Atem. ''You know what we are after. Give it to us, and we'll go our separate ways."