Chapter 14

''Crap!" Laegil shouted and abruptly stood up. "Either Puppy Boy burnt our dinner or we have trouble."

"What was that?" you asked. The she-dragon took a deep breath in.

"How could I miss them?" she shouted and took off. You put your shoes on and ran after her.

"Miss who!?" you called after her. She was a good distance before you.

"Dragon Hunters!"

You gasped as you waded through the bushes. You weren't even aware that they existed. And why would somebody hunt dragons? Weren't they guardians of Light Magic? You hoped everybody was alright, you just fled from the thieves.

You felt Laegil catching your arm and pushing you behind the tree. You were almost at the camp. The whole area was covered in smoke, you noticed as the she-dragon stifled another cough. The smell was sweet and sour at the same time, a little bit stuffy, but you didn't feel like coughing. It seemed it had some effect on the dragons, because Laegil was covering her mouth and nose behind her cloak.

Even if you couldn''t see behind the smoke, you could hear the clashing of metal. Somebody was fighting, that's for sure.

"What do we do?" you whispered to Laegil. She squinted her eyes and shook her head.

"My nose and eyes are useless for at least an hour, we have to wait till the smoke clears."

You frowned and looked at your hands.

"What if I used my magic?" you asked. She shook her head once more.

"We don't know how much of them is here, we'll make it worse," she replied with a hoarse voice. "Stay put, it'll clear in a moment."

You nodded and narrowed your eyes trying to look through the mist. You heard more noises and clashes. For a moment you wondered why Laegil knew so much about it.

"At least two Hunters," Laegil crouched near you and coughed again. After a few moments, just as the red-head said, the smoke started to melt away. You saw two fighting figures; one without doubt was Atem, the other one was a tall man with a scythe. They exchanged blow after blow in a deadly dance.

You saw Jonouchi in his Gwyllgi form, he was breathing heavily and bled from many wounds. Before him stood a black haired men in a red outfit, the two daggers he held in his hands were soaked in blood. You flinched when you saw Yugi under the net that fixed him on the ground with iron balls. He bled from his shoulder wound and gasped for air. Mako, your griffin, was trapped too and scratched loudly.

Were two humans really able to hurt them so badly? You felt your stomach making a flip at that thought.

In a heartbeat you were pushed aside and fell on your injured arm. You winced but fell silent when you saw a blade of a sword stuck in a tree trunk.

"Quite a quick reaction for a blind dragon," the figure behind you said.

"Why, thank you," Laegil snorted and stood up. She had her dagger in her hand and with a swift move she attacked the swordsman. You watched as the woman pulled out her sword from the tree and blocked the attack. Her blond hair flew as she pushed against the dragon.

You bounced back when the two women jumped through the bushes. You were astonished at Laegil's force, she was fighting blinded, yet somehow stood against the lady warrior.

You shook your head and looked over your companions at the camp. Jonouchi was barely standing and was withdrawing. Yugi still laid on the ground, though now tried to use his plant magic to get himself out of the net. You watched Atem getting the better of his opponent and you sighed in relief.