Chapter 4

''And that one you use directly on the burn. Just rub on a skin, like this. See?"

"Oh, I see! It's called Aloe Vera, right?"

"Yup!" elderly woman nodded and smiled.

It turned out inn's owner wife was herbalist. Her face was covered in wrinkles, yet she looked lively as ever. She found you sneaking around corridors since you woke up early. You were just searching for something to do. You didn't dare to go outside, taking into account pervious night incident.

Granny, as you decided to call her, showed you to her little study and invited for a tea. You got interested in plants you saw all around place. For last hour she taught you about different herbs.
You enjoyed your time with woman and spent entire morning with her. You were surprised to see that your companions slept for so long, after all it was almost noon. You wondered if it is another dragon thing or that they are just tried.

***

Four of you left the town next morning. You regreted that you couldn't stay till the flower festival was over, but tried not to complain. (Though disappointment was clear as a day on your face.)

Nobody brought up night incident again and you were grateful for this. Atem wasn't angry at you anymore and everything was good again.

On another note, the weather was getting hotter and hotter. The Vasanta season, where the nature was at its full bloom, was coming to it end. And soon, the Vesavi season will follow. The days were noticeably longer, and nights warmer, and stars shone more brightly.

And at one of those warm, starry nights you experienced your first encounter with Forest Trolls.

Your party decided to camp on one of the meadows near road you followed. It was nice little meadow surrounded by bushes and tall trees. Soon you laid on blanket and admired stars. You liked watching stars. In the cave you only had small space in the ceiling, yet they never cased to amaze you.

You were almost asleep when you felt something poking your side. You meet gaze of Laegil.

"I need to pee," she announced quietly.

"Okay."

As for a dragon, Laegil was quite 'distressed', as she put this, about going into the bushes alone. Of course, she wouldn't ask boys. You learned she was simply afraid of bugs, and somehow your presence made it safer. So much for horrifying dragon, you mused.

You waited for her yawning. You heard some rustling near you. You assumed it was fiery red head and turned to face her. What you saw wasn't
face of your companion, but yellow glowing eyes.

"Gah!" you screamed and jumped backwards.

You heard more rustling and fortunately it was Laegil this time. You relief was short-lived, as you met the gaze of another pair of yellow eyes.