Chapter 6

''Found you!"

''______? I thought you were with the shaman?"

"Oh, I was, but she said it's enough for today," you said and sat in the grass.

The celebration night was two days. Shaman lady got you to help her with her herbs. You were happy to help. You could learn more about herbs and healing.

Today, when you were free to go, the smith asked you to return Atem's sword to him. He gave it to him for sharpening earlier. The chief told you that he had seen the half-dragon near the river. You found him lying on the grass.

Somehow you enjoyed his company the most. Yugi usually was just quiet and shy and Laegil wasn't one to chit-chat. Atem sometimes told you about things he came across in the past, or about Mt. Top Turpu and other dragons. And of course he walked with you when you couldn't sit in the saddle anymore.

"What is Lord Pegasus like?" you asked after you got comfortable. He looked at you and then again on the river. You asked lots of questions about that mysterious man. He was your savior in some sense, so you wanted to know something about him.

"He's quite an eccentric person," he said. "But he's not bad. Actually, he helped me and Yugi when we were little."

"How?"

"Many years ago there was a war between dragons. Yugi and I were rather young then, around sixty years old. At some point the mountain started to shake and lots of rocks fell down. I was fighting with some other dragons. Ah, then I was still able to change into dragon form."

"I thought you were half-dragons."

"Kind of. Anyway, Yugi was unconscious and more rocks started falling down. We were trapped with the enemy and I was tired. Big rock hit me and before I blacked out I saw Lord Pegasus flying towards us. Next thing I remember was his manor."

"So he saved you? Amazing."

"Yeah. But then we learned that Yugi and I could no longer change in dragons." His face darkened.

"Is there any way to restore your forms?"

He looked at you hesitantly. As if not sure if he should trust you.

"We're twins, so there is a way. Priestess Kisara told us that," he said slowly. "One of us has to die."

You were speechless. One of them has to die? That was horrible.

"There is no other way. Not yet, " he said reading your expression. "But I will find another."